L77 vs L66...?

z-adamson

Addicted Member
L66 is ported, L77 uses a passive radiator.

Both use LE20 cone tweeter.

L77 uses LE10A, L66 uses LE10.

Is there any difference is response?

Would they combine well?

You mean one for left another right? You might get away with that. IF you mean stacking pairs As long as you had the same pair on the bottom with the same pair inverted on the top, why not. I would look up the tech specs published by JBL and examine the crossovers to see if there are any real differences. If the circuits for the tweeters are different, then they aren't going to match up well. It would be like using a Hartsfields. with one in the two way mode and the other with a different woofer and an added super tweeter. Close but no cigar.

Last edited:
You mean one for left another right? You might get away with that. IF you mean stacking pairs As long as you had the same pair on the bottom with the same pair inverted on the top, why not. I would look up the tech specs published by JBL and examine the crossovers to see if there are any real differences. If the circuits for the tweeters are different, then they aren't going to match up well. It would be like using a Hartsfields. with one in the two way mode and the other with a different woofer and an added super tweeter. Close but no cigar.
I have the high frequency side of things taken care of. My primary concern is bass notes and the possibility that they may cancel each other out when mixing rather than coupling to each other nicely as is preferred.

I will be stacking.

Back
Top Bottom