Show us your Technics stuff

Here is something I found out by accident and I thought you might find this interesting (if you don't know already): the paint used for the labeling on the front panel on the SU-8099K (and SU-8055K) actually lights up under UV light. I've tried it on all my other HiFi stuff but it only lights up on my Technics amps.

Check this out (it looks much better in person than it does on these pictures):

UV8099.jpg

And that's how it looks on a normal device:

UVsony.jpg

Neat.... somethin new every day :)

A local radio station had an SU-8055 in the foyer playin 24/7.... studio has since noved... probably still havi it going

Not my taste at all… that glossy paint ruins the look of that poor SL-110.

Speaking of turntables… pick your favourite!

Well, the only one left is—obviously—the SL-1310MK2 (back right).

I bought a set of these new back in 1979 and stupidly sold them a few months later. Got another set in the early 2000s and was forced to sell them for financial reasons. Picked up this set last summer, and they're going to have to pry them from my cold, dead fingers. The among the coolest things Technics ever built, IMHO.

Cool! They have an H/K like look about them. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Z610 amp is cool... looks plain... but packs a punch - it is new class A

Thanks for some info on that, I couldn't find much at all. I haven't plugged in half the stuff I have. The old Technics CD players catch my attention for some reason. How did you get such a Technics collection, by grabbing them here and there or did you come across somebody else's collection, maybe both? Some people make fun of my collection, which isn't that big, they don't seem to understand it. Then you ask them, "Why have 'you' collected 15 cars?" "Uhhhhhhh" They don't seem to understand there isn't much of a difference.

Last edited:
Thanks for some info on that, I couldn't find much at all. I haven't plugged in half the stuff I have. The old Technics CD players catch my attention for some reason. How did you get such a Technics collection, by grabbing them here and there or did you come across somebody else's collection, maybe both? Some people make fun of my collection, which isn't that big, they don't seem to understand it. Then you ask them, "Why have 'you' collected 15 cars?" "Uhhhhhhh" They don't seem to understand there isn't much of a difference.

My Technics collection started in 89... I had various components- of various brands then I got a Technics amp which blew them out of the water.... Been collecting them since.... I have a few Z600s in my collection

And the latest acquisition, a project Technics SA-700.

Bought it in April through ebay Germany, received it today. I do not want to talk about it, just forget it, it's here, that's all I need.

One channel is out and most of the speaker connectors are shattered, but I think I'll be able to get it right again.

I know in the US it's not uncommon, but here in Europe it is very rare, so I'm happy with it.

tumblr_nbr7t9hcfj1te98fao1_1280.jpg
Did you get the SA700 fixed up and working?

My Technics collection started in 89... I had various components- of various brands then I got a Technics amp which blew them out of the water.... Been collecting them since.... I have a few Z600s in my collection

Well now I'm more fired up about my Technics amp. When I get to it I'm going to clean it up and fix anything about it that doesn't work, thanks.

I have five Technics TT's the only Technics gear I own presently . . . wouldn't mind more :)

Here's two of them . . .

Technics SL10 & SL15

4-SL-15.jpg

3_SL_15.jpg

2-SL-15.jpg

I had bought a SL-7 brand new and never liked the way the lid closed . I have a SL-5 now that I bought on Ebay like 10 years ago . Still works great .

Back
Top Bottom