What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Interesting you mention DC offset. I need to PM somebody about that on this new little Kenny KA-6004.
I use it on a timer to fall asleep and wake in the morning and it clipped on and off twice this morning turning on at 0530.
Doesn;t blows a fuse and it does eventually stay on but I suspect it has a decent current draw or somesuch at cold turn-on to blink itself out a few times.
Hopefully this is something I can adjust in-house with a multimeter? Don;t really feel like dropping $60 to ship a 25lb amp down to Sac for a tuneup.
Anybody got advice around here? Hate to blow something else up without the satisfaction of even blasting the Scorpions on her.
I've adjusted DC offset and bias current on several amps, but only with the benefit of a service manual. Hifiengine.com only has the owner's manual, but there might be one somewhere else. Old Sansuis combined both owner and service in one, a good idea. I hope you can find the info, then you can read it and decide if you want to do it yourself.

Ya, But the playing field has to be fairly even, Everyone was running carbs or probably injection, These guys showed up with a turbine, Not turbo, Turbine, Like a jet!
:crazy:
Jets are cool! :thumbsup:
But they did ban turbine engines on lake Tahoe back in the late 70's (end eventually 2 stroke engines in the 80's),
Because their whine could literally be heard 26 miles away at the other end of the lake.
Went super fast tho!! Back in the days they used to have Unlimited Boat racing on Tahoe...
PS; I so WISH I could blast this live version of a classic rock song!! Graham Bonnet goes straight up max-almost-shouting vocals here...
Maybe I'm alone here? On the subject of music, s the best stuff often still gets backed and replayed right?
I mean, it's not just for 1960's and 70's teens is it?
edit; This dvd is on the short list if I can ever stop buying tables and amps..

So its much like the old AAA battery trick?
"
Serious? I did that one time and the driver moved like an inch. I said "Whoah! this seems abnormal" and started going with a little AA.
It did the trick fine.
So VC's don;t like DC? I didn;t know that. Amplifiers feed AC to speakers then?

I think were trying to determine polarity here ??. It should move forward if the polarity is cool. 9 volts won't do anything to harm anything. As for alignment if it moves by pushing it into the coil without scraping or scratching , you have it right, forget about it. Sine wave testing is cool but it really only tells you about available bandwidth and lack of bias on any frequency, but with a redone it's redundant , you already have the speaker you need. If I'm a million miles of base because I don't know what you guys are describing please disregard all of this.

Jets are cool! :thumbsup:
But they did ban turbine engines on lake Tahoe back in the late 70's (end eventually 2 stroke engines in the 80's),
Because their whine could literally be heard 26 miles away at the other end of the lake.
Went super fast tho!! Back in the days they used to have Unlimited Boat racing on Tahoe...
PS; I so WISH I could blast this live version of a classic rock song!! Graham Bonnet goes straight up max-almost-shouting vocals here...
Maybe I'm alone here? On the subject of music, s the best stuff often still gets backed and replayed right?
I mean, it's not just for 1960's and 70's teens is it?
edit; This dvd is on the short list if I can ever stop buying tables and amps..

I know the unlimited hydros used them, Miss Budweiser May have been first, I saw them run in San Diego harbor back in the day, Quite the rush

I know the unlimited hydros used them, Miss Budweiser May have been first, I saw them run in San Diego harbor back in the day, Quite the rush
They still race them on a circuit now but it's not many places.
Used to go every year when living in Tri-Cities WA and they raced on the Columbia river. I think they still do an annual there.
Draws huge crowds. 200mph hooked up on water is not often seen.
Probably 2 ft2 of boat is actually touching the water on those things.

Back
Top Bottom