What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

"

I think were trying to determine polarity here ??. It should move forward if the polarity is cool. 9 volts won't do anything to harm anything. As for alignment if it moves by pushing it into the coil without scraping or scratching , you have it right, forget about it. Sine wave testing is cool but it really only tells you about available bandwidth and lack of bias on any frequency, but with a redone it's redundant , you already have the speaker you need. If I'm a million miles of base because I don't know what you guys are describing please disregard all of this.

Sorry guys I just read the whole thing and didn't realize you were talking about DC offset.

I think of that as a very cool traditional album by them. With a great album cover.
It is a great ABB album. Has a real swagger to it. Pegasus rates up there with any of their great instrumentals.

I've noticed with the cover art... it's impossible to take a bad picture of it. The printer's and graphic designer should be proud.
002.jpg

053.jpg

Notice how the heinous cut-out in the upper left corner disappears in this last pic. :rflmao:
005.jpg

They still race them on a circuit now but it's not many places.
Used to go every year when living in Tri-Cities WA and they raced on the Columbia river. I think they still do an annual there.
Draws huge crowds. 200mph hooked up on water is not often seen.
Probably 2 ft2 of boat is actually touching the water on those things.
Yes, The unlimiteds are literally flying

Sure, I could carry a multi-meter around with me in a leatherette case, when I have to change 1-5 batteries in a bunch of wireless mikes; OR! I could just stick the questionable batteries on my tongue for a second. Guess which method I use? ;):rflmao:;)

Added benefit is it's oddly addictive...

GJ

Even though it's expensive I just replace every day it's going to be used, I kind of roll that into the rental fee.

"

I think were trying to determine polarity here ??. It should move forward if the polarity is cool. 9 volts won't do anything to harm anything. As for alignment if it moves by pushing it into the coil without scraping or scratching , you have it right, forget about it. Sine wave testing is cool but it really only tells you about available bandwidth and lack of bias on any frequency, but with a redone it's redundant , you already have the speaker you need. If I'm a million miles of base because I don't know what you guys are describing please disregard all of this.
Good knowledge FOH :thumbsup: TFP. BTW, I still use the "tongue technic" when "testing" 9V's in the smoke alarms at work :p
And we were just pondering at work the other day whatever happened to the 9V battery in applications?
Hardly anything used the format anymore. Alot of 6V Lion's but not the 9V's. It;s a usable voltage..

Yup! Forgot to mention, I’m not a big experimental fan with cables or cords, But swapping the cord with a spare OPPO digital power cord did make a difference, I read that tube needs max current, And Mavericks power cord is somewhat lame, I may have a spare for ya
I have a few spare pc power cords. Can't hurt to try them. I think they are the same pattern:dunno:

It is a great ABB album. Has a real swagger to it. Pegasus rates up there with any of their great instrumentals.

I've noticed with the cover art... it's impossible to take a bad picture of it. The printer's and graphic designer should be proud.
002.jpg

053.jpg

Notice how the heinous cut-out in the upper left corner disappears in this last pic. :rflmao:
005.jpg

Frank it's hard to find a non cut out of that album. I think the transitioning from the Eat a Peach era probably didn't have much demand except for true fans and completists, so I would imagine it was overprinted, just Like the early Dickie Betts albums with Great Southern , the marketing sounded better on paper I guess.
image.jpg
And I think I'll spin it with you.

I think this one might have been overcooked on the quantity pressed as well.
But remains a little rare in the used places.

image.jpg

Still on the wish list that Maverick Audio tube.
I still think it's the best deal in town for affordable mid-fi DAC with lots of useful inputs.
I agree at that price point, And you can tube roll, The factory upgrade model is the way to go, Then try different tubes to suit your rig and SQ taste, Add a nice power cord, And you have a DAC That supports just about anything you throw at it

Even though it's expensive I just replace every day it's going to be used, I kind of roll that into the rental fee.

You are not a cheabass bastage.

I on the other hand (am), keep some fresh and a mess of lightly-used "recycled" batteries on-hand. I've always got extras in case more than a few need different batteries. But then you have to get into "tongue testing."

Strange, But I believe you:rflmao::crazy:

Don't knock it until you've tried it. "Once you've tried 9 volt, you'll never need Rheingold," I always say (unless I'm saying something different).

GJ

Back
Top Bottom