What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Great price too! Maybe I should get one to play with?
There's a few upgrade options for the DAC chips too. Comes with a Cirrus? I think.. Not been a fan of Cirrus since i-Gadgets started on them and their SQ went south..
but also a Burr-Brown chip or 2 options I read. And all the fun and ease of changing and rolling just a single tube.
Not sure how many tube options there are but I'm the 1st to say I'd be looking right away for some obscurr Russian tube out of a 1970's Bear Bomber or an Amperex out of a British tube radio from the 60's.
I never understood, however, why oh why they couldn;t make their tube an easy and everywhere 12ax/y7? :dunno:

The tounge test is pretty reliable on 9 volts regarding mics and effects pedals...anything digital needs a shit hot charge , but analog gain stages can sound amazing with nearly dead batteries.
analog gain stages can sound amazing with nearly dead batteries.
Aint it the truth. Like a gas lantern mantle looks best just on the edge of blinking out.
homer mmm copy.jpgmmmm. analog...

Not sure if anyone posted this Bob but I use a 30HZ tone that is on a cd. Just play on repeat while gluing down the surround to the frame. You will hear if your not centered. If you buy surrounds from Rick Cobb you get one included

Your method is textbook Leebob, and I commend you for having the method sorted out correctly. I'm kind of lazy when centering, if it doesn't scrape or bind I trust it. Ultimately the goal is gap alignment and friction free excursion. Good info.

You are not a cheabass bastage.

I on the other hand (am), keep some fresh and a mess of lightly-used "recycled" batteries on-hand. I've always got extras in case more than a few need different batteries. But then you have to get into "tongue testing."

Don't knock it until you've tried it. "Once you've tried 9 volt, you'll never need Rheingold," I always say (unless I'm saying something different).

GJ
:idea:Books

There's a few upgrade options for the DAC chips too. Comes with a Cirrus? I think.. Not been a fan of Cirrus since i-Gadgets started on them and their SQ went south..
but also a Burr-Brown chip or 2 options I read. And all the fun and ease of changing and rolling just a single tube.
Not sure how many tube options there are but I'm the 1st to say I'd be looking right away for some obscurr Russian tube out of a 1970's Bear Bomber or an Amperex out of a British tube radio from the 60's.
I never understood, however, why oh why they couldn;t make their tube an easy and everywhere 12ax/y7? :dunno:
A bunch of options, Vintage, New, Euro,

Back
Top Bottom