What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

He did two albums, then he said something like ELP's music didn't inspire him and he quit the project

I spit on anything that has to do with this Steeeeven Wilsssssson clown.
On the 2012 Tarkus remaster Steven Wilson committed absolute sacrilege. In the bonus material he included a song simply called "Unknown Ballad" that some believe is actually one of his own songs. It certainly isn't ELP.
Some say it's Keith Emerson singing, but I've heard Emerson' singing voice and I'm very skeptical. Certainly doesn't sound like Emerson's keyboard work either. He could never play anything that simplistic.
I suppose it could be Emerson's singing and Greg Lake playing piano. It certainly isn't Carl Palmer as his speaking voice is much higher pitched.
Wilson claims it was found on the master tapes so he included it.

71yLRHsQTrL._SL1200_.jpg

The inclusion of Greg Lake's ballad "Oh, My Father", a song he wrote when his father passed away and never intended to see the light of day makes up for whatever the Unkown Ballad is though.
So Wilson get's credit for that.

If I catalogued all the misspellings just in this thread it would be a full time job! Instead I choose to read the content and not make corrections. Though I am amazed how many people my age, or thereabouts, never learned to spell or use proper English phrasing. I know they don't teach English like they used to, so the youngsters have at least some excuse. I know a couple guys from India who speak and write fluent English and never misspell words. Makes me crazy, but what're ya gonna do?:confused:

Dohnt letit baahther u. Evry thing well be awlright en the ehnd.

Now Playing: Phineas Newborn, Jr., "A World of Piano!"

GJ

If I catalogued all the misspellings just in this thread it would be a full time job! Instead I choose to read the content and not make corrections. Though I am amazed how many people my age, or thereabouts, never learned to spell or use proper English phrasing. I know they don't teach English like they used to, so the youngsters have at least some excuse. I know a couple guys from India who speak and write fluent English and never misspell words. Makes me crazy, but what're ya gonna do?:confused:

You folks do not have the slightest idea how difficult the English language is, I can tell you... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom