What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Sure was. I did some reading and NASCAR gave the car owners the option of limiting the horsepower or adding weight to the car to level the playing field. The cars went from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds which is slow by today's standards. In my early teens we had a 1961 Chevy full size wagon with a 409 and the awful Quadrajet 4 barrel. It did 0-60 in 7 seconds.
Thats what was fast back then, Now you can order an 800 hp car from under 400 cubic inches, I had a 427 in my Camaro, That Maybe Had 500-525HP. And that was a fairly nasty car in that era, It sure felt fast, Lol!

Pieces of a Dream
Self Titled
Very solid well recorded LP!
Elektra Records 6E-350
Regards,
Jim

91lGh-PbjLL._SX425_.jpg

NASCAR started to suck when they stopped calling it stock car racing because the cars weren't even close to stock anymore.

Dodge and Plymouth both had to manufaxture/sell 500 Daytona's and Superbird's in order to race them. That's why they sat on dealers lots unsold for years. Nobody wanted the monstrosities. Now they're worth over a million if equipped with a 426 Hemi.
They were ugly, I remember seeing a few cruising the valley back in the day, The plain Jane Charger on the other hand, A badass looking ride when set up

So according to the news the town was wiped out, yet the trees are still standing? How is an entire town/city gone 600 people missing and the trees are standing. I did not even realiz it until he pointed it out. IDK but that’s really odd to me...

Treed areas very rarely get totally levelled. Earlier in the year, we had wildfires in western Canada whose smoke reached Ireland, but driving past the area now doesn't really indicate that there was a major fire.

Back
Top Bottom