What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Hector Berlioz
Grande Messe Des Morts (Requiem Für Tenor, Chor Und Orchester, Op.5)
Gary Bertini, Keith Lewis (4), Chor Des Norddeutschen Rundfunks* Und Chor Des Süddeutschen Rundfunks, Kölner Rundfunkchor, Kölner Rundfunk-Sinfonie-Orchester

-Deutsche Harmonia Mundi-

IMG_0656_zpsfvjd8bib.jpg

This band was comprised of two original members of The Nice and keyboardist Patrick Moraz. They only recorded one album then Moraz joined Yes.
The name The Nice comes from a member of The Small Faces who used that phrase to describe the moment amphetamines kicked in.
Well I just learned something. I knew the name was inspired by the Small Faces song "Here Come The Nice" but didn't know the inspiration.
P.P. Arnold came up with the name for The Nice when they were her backing band for a brief time in 1967.

Good morning folks! 31 pages behind :eek: (haven't been on the site since Thursday night for a bit from the hotel)

Had a 4 hr drive home yesterday from week long business trip that turned into a 6 1/2 hour drive due to bad wreck with fatalities on the interstate. The rental car had Bluetooth connection to my iPhone, so I just set the music app to shuffle music at random that is saved on my phone, rather than try to pick certain artists/albums. Turns out that was pretty enjoyable, heard a whole range of songs that I have not played for years.
I have nearly 500 albums saved to my phone. If I did that the mix would be incredible. May just have to experiment on my next long drive. Thanks for the idea!

That appears to be the 1993 Rhino release. Do you have individual jewel cases? I have the 1993 Victory release. Both U.S. releases. Total mystery why it had two releases.
012.jpg

When it was reissued by Castle in 1996 the box was replaced by a book style case and the jewel cases were replaced by an injection molded plastic insert.
R-3463422-1373071060-4377.jpeg.jpg

R-3463422-1373071145-4785.jpeg.jpg
Yes, mine is marked Rhino and has the jewel cases. Everything appeared to rip properly. I really like the selection of material here.

rps20181117_132516.jpg

So tragic. My condolences to you and your family.
I recently lost my sister. They say time is the healer, I hope so.

It is lost my dad a few years ago, had a massive stroke the day my replacement speakers came in for my EPI's. Didn't think I would ever be able to put them in, reminded me to much of that day. But I got over the hurt, now everytime I listen to them I think of my dad. But does not hurt any more. Not saying it won't ever knock you down again, it just doesn't kick you when you down any more. Hang in there it does get better.

I need to keep things quiet for now and catch up on stuff, so I am starting part 1B of the Rush-to-Tape project. These go 3 hours per side. I can check on it periodically as it records, and turn it up here and there as home conditions permit.

rps20181117_132550.jpg

The spacing of material will work out pretty well on 3 tapes since I am willing to split albums. The 18 studio albums and 3 R40 CDs will have these times:

1A: 3:02:21
1B: 3:01:52
2A: 3:01:43
2B: 3:03:45
3A: 2:59:05
3B: 3:01:52

Eighteen hours plus a few minutes of music.

Back
Top Bottom