AKAI GX 625 questions

Mr_Ioda

Hi all !
I recently found a very nice akai gx625, in apparently good working condition. I have a question for any other owner kind enough to answer.

Is it normal that the capstan motor continuously spining when the machine is powered on ? Even when the machine is in stand by !

I'm also looking for a good quality scan of the operator's manual, in color.

Thanks, best regards !

Yes I believe so:)

Hi Bouxy !

Thank you very much for your feedback. It's m'y first reel to reel !

My seller had inherited the machine from his father, but did not know much about the operations :(

So i'm looking forward to learn more about this lovely piece !

Best regards.

Hi Guys !

An other newbie questions :)

I have 10" 1/2 metallic wheels, I do not know how to set the reel adapter, so that the tape will be aligned well !

I use the genuine originals Akai adapters (plastic black), but the magnetic tape rub on the side of the wheel. The opeartor's manual, in my opinion, is very unclear about that.

Thanks for your help !
Best regards

The reels could be bent or the guide arms could be bent. Look into the reel sideways while the machine is in play. The tape should be centered on the reel hub, between the flanges of the reel. If it is, then look at the reel flanges and see if they are bent. If the tape is not centered the guide post could be bent or the reel hub could be too far in or out. It is adjustable but you have to remove the sides of the machine to get to it. There is a set screw. Look at the guide arm and make sure the arm is parallel to the front o the machine. People bend these in all the time when they move the machine.

Hifi engine will have free manuals, if you sign up(worth it). The adapters are capable of two depth settings, depending on the alignment with the dots on the reel tables. The manual will instruct.

In follow-up to Jonny Ramone’s suggestion, see page 11 of the instruction/owners manual for details about the correct way to install the Akai NAB adapters for use with plastic and metal reels.

Back
Top Bottom