Two-Channel Only - The Way God Intended

I've tried various implementations and compilations of AVRs, AVRs with outboard amps, vintage (quality) gear with a 5.1 decoder in the tape loop, and a few DD/DTS pre-pros. I currently use a solid state pre-pro and solid state amps with a tube buffer between. It is a stereo dedicated system that I am very happy with.

Holy shlamoly - what a load of audio fascism! ;)

10 fingers and too many keys on the console, huh!

2 eyes and only 1 monitor screen, huh!

I get great imaging on the Heath "valencias" - 2 channels plays really well in that system,
but -
when play the Yoyo ma BluRay, or Toto live - or even the Crimson concerts - or a movie,
those 4 UREI monitors and then some make the whole room play very fine!
And we won't mention 600+ watts feeding the JBL B-460 sub - oh mamma!

Last edited:
In my abode, I can play nearly any format ( OK, no Elcaset ). I enjoy multi-ch audio playback - always have - and some stuff in Atmos is just mind blowing.

So then, why am I sitting here at present listening to Al Stewart YOTC on vinyl? Because analog 2-ch formats are my thang ... It is what it is.

Holy shlamoly - what a load of audio facism! ;)

10 fingers and too many keys on the console, huh!

2 eyes and only 1 monitor screen, huh!

I get great imaging on the Heath "valencias" - 2 channels plays really well in that system,
but -
when play the Yoyo ma BluRay, or Toto live - or even the Crimson concerts - or a movie,
those 4 UREI monitors and then some make the whole room play very fine!
And we won't mention 600+ watts feeding the JBL B-460 sub - oh mamma!

I should propose a bill in congress, like a democratic little audio fascist. :whip:

My heart is in 2-channel, but I enjoy multichannel from time to time. The occasional movie, lots of tv programs and even some concert video's. I have two multi-channel systems and gosh I don't know how many 2-channel; with and without video. My go to rig though, when I need a music fix, is 2-channel stereo all the way. See sig.

Stereo is better for two-channel music than multichannel is for two-channel music.

But multichannel systems are better than stereo systems for multichannel sources.

Done right, both are amazing; more amazing than trying to use just one or the other for both stereo and multichannel sources.

It's a case of using the right tool for the job.

I know, some of you don't like the all-encompassing sonic experience of full-on multichannel movie. That's fine. I understand you also like slow cars, weak drink, dull conversation, bland food, local holidays, and plainer members of your preferred gender...

Back
Top Bottom