Hi from southeast South Dakota

torfury

Yes, South Dakota! I have been lurking for a while and find that I spend WAYYY too much time on this site! Love all the comments and advice. I hope this is the right place to post my introduction. I will admit, the site does confuse me a bit, but with time am sure everything will become clear.
I am 53 years old, and am "rediscovering" the love of home audio, and vinyl (along with other formats) after a long hiatus.(about 30 years) A very dear friend and coworker got back on board at nearly the same time, and I have found it to be almost disease-like. So glad to have found something I can enjoy year round. I have a very small listening space, appx. 12x15, with my record collection that has over doubled in the last year. I currently listen on an Onkyo M-508, Yamaha C-80 pre, Technics SL-1400, 7 Kappa Infinities that I restored (replaced surrounds) and recently aquired RS-ii. (met a fellow Infinity lover in the process) My equipment is constantly evolving now, based on comments I read here, and the few friends I can find in South Dakota, that share a similar love of audio. Thank you for having me, and I look forward to many hours of entertainment, both from this forum, and from my listening time.
Todd

Welcome.

Spent a few years in the 90s in Yankton. Loved it, but weather was brutal.
Not sure of many audio stores in South Falls so most of my purchases at that time were mail order (Crutchfield).

Wife and I may give serious though to returning to SoDak after she retires.

Stay warm and enjoy your system.

Welcome.

Spent a few years in the 90s in Yankton. Loved it, but weather was brutal.
Not sure of many audio stores in South Falls so most of my purchases at that time were mail order (Crutchfield).

Wife and I may give serious though to returning to SoDak after she retires.

Stay warm and enjoy your system.
Thanks Dogs. I worked in the greater Yankton area for about 20 years. Live 40 miles NE of there now. Love the area. Wonderful people and great atmosphere. As for weather,,,,well, I say that is the reason there are so few people living in the state!

Back in the late 70's, and 80's, there were a number of very good audio retailers in Sioux Falls. Zero now, so I am a internet and pawn shopper now.
Thank you for the welcome.

Back
Top Bottom