What do you drive? Truck, car, or van

Marine0811

I love it loud!
i was just wondering what other folks on here have for vehicles. I realize there are people on here from all over and I’m a car guy. Just interested. I have a 2002 Ford F-350 crew cab dually and a 2006 Cadillac SRX.
What do you drive?

Daily drivers are all 2000-2001 Buick LeSabre's. They are extremely comfortable and fairly easy to maintain. We have 3 in the family. Also a 2002 Suburban for hauling the race car, vacations and other necessities. '97 S10 for the kayak and canoe, hauling mulch and parts.

95% car, 5% truck. 100% fun.

index.php

Last edited:
'03 Honda Odyssey. Been through a bad hail storm (and it shows),and got rear ended by a dump truck a few months ago. But with 270K, and still going strong, it's allowed to have a few owie's. Also have a '92 Dodge Dakota that looks worse than the Honda (Nuther hail storm and the famous 90's Dodge grey paint, what's left of it), but it too is still going strong.

I average 35K per year and only get reimbursed for about half of that. To me, a car is a tool, and an expense and I go the cheapest route possible.

I finally decided to splurge on myself after 12 years with my trusty Toyota Avalon. It never failed me with almost 300K miles on the odometer. Because of that, I decided to remain full on Toyota with a fantastic deal I was offered on a 2018 Tundra Platinum CrewMax.

IMG_8780.JPG

I drive a 2004 Pontiac Vibe. It's kind of bitter sweet.
my brother bought it for me a little over 3 years ago. It was, and still is I guess in rather good shape. It had 165k on it, unfortunately about half a year later I hit my first deer ever. I've driven two crappy junk cars and only had close calls, although I did knock the legs out from one on a city street when I still had a Dodge Stratus.... anyway I ended up arguing with the insurance because they wanted to total it, so I took $2900 in salvage and spent about $1,300 on actual repairs.

Then I hit another one not too long after that. Hood kind of rattles ever since... kind of makes me mad. It's alright but there are little noises and rattles that bother me and make me go crazy. I'm stuck with her though. I am driving her into the ground until she can't go no more. It's the most reliable car I've ever owned, almost all the money I have spent for maintenance has been optional stuff. I'm coming up on 230k miles now.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when the odometer hits 299,999 - it will die. Apparently a defect with all instrument clusters in these cars (thanks Toyota). I'll likely have it reset, etc to a lower number but I track all my mileage for gas fill-ups, repairs, etc... So doing the math every time is going to be a huge pain in my ass :blah: I hear some people just start tracking their mileage with one of the A/B trip meters.

Still the most reliable car I've owned though.

Well, until we see you shoveling manure out of the back into a wheelbarrel for the yard we'll just say 100% car. :p

If the driver's window is down, I've shoveled a ton of manure out that just talking.

Back
Top Bottom