Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

While I am looking forward to streaming qobuz, I'm more interested in downloading music from them. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find the music for sale that I like to buy. I guess that is this glorious future that the streamers bring to us.. Buying music is so 20th century! But hopefully qobuz doesn't care which side it's bread gets buttered and they have a extensive download section, sorta like 40M tracks would be nice!

I'd love to see a 'buy it now' button built right into their streaming front end.

Still waiting. ..404 404 404....[/QUOTE
Same here. I even got an email for a free trial. I’m really curious to find out if I can tell the difference between their cd quality stream and hi res stream. I generally don’t do much critical listening as I don’t have a dedicated room.

@Audiofreak71

Not sure of everything in your equipment line up but does the Oppo UPD-203 Unfold MQA?

I do remember reading about the 205 getting that software update.

No the 203 does not decode MQA however the Mconnect app does decode it via the DLNA from the oppo , works great and sounds excellent. My system is outlined in my Signature.

Audiofreak71

Last edited:
0AC1A005-11A3-4E7A-8444-67FFDD8D93D6.png
This one throws a huge soundstage that with the right system should extend way past your speakers and the piano out past your head .

Audiofreak71

Last edited:
82E20192-A084-4AD2-8697-B53C094ACD0F.png

I use this one as one of my reference listening songs as well , there’s allot going on in this song with the different instruments, a revealing system will show these instruments in detail and a good setup will separate each instrument and not smear them all together.

Audiofreak71

Good selections brother. Hadn’t heard that Fink album, thanks for turning me on- it’s excellent.

On Lou Reed’s Vanishing Act I like when you can hear the gain on his mic come on right before he starts speaking.
Your welcome. Yeah Fink is a really good artist you can see some of his unplugged songs on YouTube as well . The songs (Perfect darkness and Sort of a revolution ) on the (Wheels turn beneath my feet ) album is a reference song to play as well . Yeah vanishing act by Lou reed is great vocal test , you can hear every little thing with movements of his mouth and you are correct when they boost the volume on the second part of the song, is it an oversight on the engineer (or is it? Who knows , it’s cool nonetheless.

Audiofreak71

Last edited:
Your welcome. Yeah Fink is a really good artist you can see some of his unplugged songs on YouTube as well . The songs (Perfect darkness and Sort of a revolution ) on the (Wheels turn beneath my feet ) album is a reference song to play as well . Yeah vanishing act by Lou reed is great vocal test , you can hear every little thing with movements of his mouth and you are correct when they boost the volume on the second part of the song, is it an oversight on the engineer (or is it? Who knows , it’s cool nonetheless.

Audiofreak71

The Fink live album is well recorded and a pleasure to listen to. At first listen I was able to pick up a few disparate and eclectic mix of influences:

B.B King
Devo
Santana
Pearl Jam
Depeche Mode
Damien Rice
Pink Floyd

I can probably add a few more to the list with more listening time but these are the kinds of “unsung” artists that make this hobby so great, at least to me. There is so much good new music and artists out there. Streaming gives us the means to easily find (or be exposed to them) and enjoy them in pure hi-fidelity.

The Fink live album is well recorded and a pleasure to listen to. At first listen I was able to pick up a few disparate and eclectic mix of influences:

B.B King
Devo
Santana
Pearl Jam
Depeche Mode
Damien Rice
Pink Floyd

I can probably add a few more to the list with more listening time but these are the kinds of “unsung” artists that make this hobby so great, at least to me. There is so much good new music and artists out there. Streaming gives us the means to easily find (or be exposed to them) and enjoy them in pure hi-fidelity.
Yes I can hear some of those influences and you are so right , I have discovered so many new artists through streaming , there are so many good ones out there that we can find through streaming where as back in the day we could only find these artists through underground clubs, streaming is a great tool to find outstanding artists that after I find them Im more than happy to support them by buying there albums.

Audiofreak71

Yes I can hear some of those influences and you are so right , I have discovered so many new artists through streaming , there are so many good ones out there that we can find through streaming where as back in the day we could only find these artists through underground clubs, streaming is a great tool to find outstanding artists that after I find them Im more than happy to support them by buying there albums.

Audiofreak71

Absolutely. Qobuz is not even available in the States yet and with Tidal I have already added 1235 albums to my hi-fidelity repertoire of musical bliss (most of which I would have never been exposed to under the old distribution channels).

I don't understand the detractors and nit-pickers. As I've been saying for years, this is the future of hi-fidelity playback. Of course, vinyl playback is a separate and distinct wing of this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom