Most listened to album in your lifetime?

stoutblock

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington
Subscriber
What one album have you listened to the most in your lifetime? Not necessarily your most favorite (although it may be).

As for me it is a tough call. There is Led Zeppelin IV, Hotel California, Rumors, I Robot and Aja all of which I have warn out several records each over the years. It may not be fair in that there are some newer albums I really like that just don’t have the benefit of time to make the list.

Also, my tastes have changed a bit over the years but I still don’t listen to music as often as I did back when I was much younger. I could not imagine listening to KOB in my 20s but it is probably the most played album in the last 10 years in my system.

For me it must be DSOTM which is totally etched in my brain and I’ve heard probably more than all the others combined.

Wow. Interesting question... Most listened? Hmmmm...

Well, I've been listening to albums a LONG time... I would have to say

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

I was probably listening to it in my Mother's womb as it was my Father's favorite. I grew up listening to it and owned my own copies since the 70s, I guess.

Last edited:
Relayer by YES,,,by a long shot!

Relayer_front_cover.jpg

I was pretty obsessed with Jethro Tull back in the 70's and so I'd have to say it would probably be their album Benefit or maybe Stand Up or possibly Aqualung.

Boston, Toys in the Attic and Running on Empty should certainly be added to my list but DSOTM still has much more spin time.

Another vote for Live at the Fillmore here, but Exile on Main Street and Beggar's Banquet are close. And Running on Empty was practically a daily player with my roomie in late 1970s grad school...

I had a older bother who turned my on to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones etc. etc. and I've listened to all them A LOT but for me it would probably be TOOL Aenima

Many have had great runs but for longevity it is these in a too close to call photo finish.

Zimmerman's
Desire - Blood on the Tracks - Street Legal

Honorable mentions to
Jean Michele Jarre - Oxygene , Neil Young Zuma, On the Beach, The Band - The Band..Fab 4's Sgt. Peppers..Rubber Soul & Revolver....Who's Live at Leeds, Who's Next &c and so forth..

What was the question again?

That is a good question. .
Probably Van Halen's first.
Close second's. Def Lepppard./ Pyromania... Floyd/ DSOTM/ The Wall.
Queen/ Jazz...Styx / The Grand Illusion. .
Steely Dan is coming on strong now that I'm older..
Idk..I'm all over the place.

Herbie Mann's Memphis Underground was the first Jazz album I bought and still play it at least once a month. I didn't care for Jazz then but when I heard that and later Chuck Mangione's Feelin Good I was hooked on some of it.

Back
Top Bottom