Who's your four-legged partner?

Ahem ...

tanner-2018.jpg

Nice lookin' hound Skizo. My other 4 legged buddy only has 3 paws. I don't have a pic handy but My cat Stumpy's mama chewed his right front paw off at birth while doing the ambilical cord. He's about 11 Y O now and is a hell of a cat. At one point he was the toughest tomcat around and would take on all commers and put a whipping on all of them. He's mellowed with age and just likes his pats and cuddles now and doesn't go outside much, although I think he might be getting a little senile chasing imaginary mice and bugs now and then.

Here is the best dog I have ever had.. Aikau (Hawaiian name) we got as a rescue when he was a year and a half. He is now 6, and we still have fun together every day! Don't let his looks of a 'fancy dog' fool you though, he is a working stiff just like me.. His jobs he takes seriously too, from chasing ravens and eagles off the property to going head on with a moose (or 2)! Once when I was working in the yard I came around the corner of the house, and 2 moose charged me! My dog is never far and he saw it and let out a loud bark and when straight for them! The moose ran away over a bank after hearing and seeing my dog in mid air trying to get on their backs..

He's a force to be reckoned with when out walking too. He catches wind of a moose or bear, he will let me know, usually by standing broadside in the trail, looking at me and then looking down the trail at whatever he sees.. If they get too close he will defend. He dislikes other dogs, but only if they get to close to me, my wife, or any vehicle we own. When out for a walk and come on to other peoples dogs we try to move out of the way, with Cowboy in crouching stance like a wolf stalking a caribou, and if they try to come up, he takes them down! I believe he simply sees other dogs as wolves (and we his herd) and will do what he must to keep them away (about a 20' radius they better not enter!)..

20180302_155245.jpg
Capture3.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture.JPG

Here is the best dog I have ever had.. Aikau (Hawaiian name) we got as a rescue when he was a year and a half. He is now 6, and we still have fun together every day! Don't let his looks of a 'fancy dog' fool you though, he is a working stiff just like me.. His jobs he takes seriously too, from chasing ravens and eagles off the property to going head on with a moose (or 2)! Once when I was working in the yard I came around the corner of the house, and 2 moose charged me! My dog is never far and he saw it and let out a loud bark and when straight for them! The moose ran away over a bank after hearing and seeing my dog in mid air trying to get on their backs..

He's a force to be reckoned with when out walking too. He catches wind of a moose or bear, he will let me know, usually by standing broadside in the trail, looking at me and then looking down the trail at whatever he sees.. If they get too close he will defend. He dislikes other dogs, but only if they get to close to me, my wife, or any vehicle we own. When out for a walk and come on to other peoples dogs we try to move out of the way, with Cowboy in crouching stance like a wolf stalking a caribou, and if they try to come up, he takes them down! I believe he simply sees other dogs as wolves (and we his herd) and will do what he must to keep them away (about a 20' radius they better not enter!)..

View attachment 1351235
View attachment 1351249 View attachment 1351250 View attachment 1351251

We learned the value of rescue's about 10 years too late! Man their great, awesome photo's!

View attachment 1351235
View attachment 1351249 View attachment 1351250 View attachment 1351251

Absolutely beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom