Today's JAZZ playlist

ZFuqjHV.png

What do you think about this album? Please share your thoughts.

This has some tunes in common with this famous LP, but not all of them. This is what immediately came to mind when I saw your post. I'm sure I have listened to the album below here. Listening to Erroll play "Misty" here, I am wondering why I don't have it!

Want a dry state for a great NY Deli? Try Hawaii. We have plenty of Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indian, Sushi and Thai restaurants. But no Delicatessens.
We do have an AMAZING NY Style Steak House in Waikiki, "Hy's Steak House". I take you in there, you'll swear you are in Manhattan. And the steaks rival Chicago. But alas, no Delis.

In Florida we have a few because of all the retired New Yorkers that shoot down I-95 to live in Florida. Some are actually pretty darn authentic.

Food in Hawaii is fantastic and unique. Just as NYC has it's classics.

Pretzel and hotdog at Madison Square Garden.

IMG_0907_Matisse-Haley_pretzel-hotdog.png

Oh man... just made myself hungry.

Food in Hawaii is fantastic and unique. Just as NYC has it's classics.

Pretzel and hotdog at Madison Square Garden.

View attachment 1354730

Oh man... just made myself hungry.

Well, Hawaii does plate lunches very well. And Sushi. And Kimchee... and.... the list goes on. One of my favorite Indian restaurants ever in in Honolulu. As I posted previously, I'd put Hy's Steakhouse on par with any I have ever been to worldwide. And I love our Sushi. I happen to love Pad Thai, and there is a mom and pop Thai restaurant near me (easy walking distance) that has the best Pad Thai I have ever had. Momma is in the back cooking it while Dad plays host and waiter.

My point was there are no authentic NYC Delicatessens in Hawaii. At least none I have found.

Now I'm hungry too.

Last edited:
Well, Hawaii does plate lunches very well. And Sushi. And Kimchee... and.... the list goes on. One of my favorite Indian restaurants ever in in Honolulu. As I posted previously, I'd put Hy's Steakhouse on par with any I have ever been to worldwide. And I love our Sushi. I happen to love Pad Thai, and there is a mom and pop Thai restaurant near me (easy walking distance) that has the best Pad Thai I have ever had. Momma is in the back cooking it while Dad plays host and waiter.

My point was there are no authentic NYC Delicatessens in Hawaii. At least none I have found.

Now I'm hungry too.
Yeah, I know. There are no delis!

AAron Diehl - Space Time Continuum.Also features: David Wong, Joe Temperley, Benny Golson, Stephan Riley, Bruce Harris, & Charenee Wade.Mack Avenue Records.Local Detroit label owned by Gretchen Valade,Carhartt heiress who is a great benefactor to the Detroit Jazz Fest.Buy Carhartt clothing !!

0004399759.jpg

Rascal’s in Miami is off the hook. I really appreciate the separate line for the counter when the other one is down the block.

I used to go to Miami a bunch (Miami Beach mostly) and don't think I have ever been to Rascal's. I'll have to check it out. SWMBO wants to go to the Keys, and I prefer driving to them from my pad in Florida through Miami of course, so Rascal's will be on my hit parade. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom