2018 What Christmas Music Are You Listening to thread?

Ed Ames - Christmas With Ed Ames
1967 RCA Victor LSP-3838

https://www.discogs.com/Ed-Ames-Christmas-With-Ed-Ames/master/628182
003.jpg

Heard a 1961 Christmas album by Ramsey Lewis that I did not know about, gotta get that one. Love me some Ramsey Lewis piano.

A perennial favorite is a silly collection called Blame It On Christmas that has everything from "Schlepp the Walls" in a Yiddish tradition, to a Sinatra impression singing "Away in a (Swingin') Manger" to an orchestra belting out "The Inexcelsis Polka". I like the stupid ones, I guess. :p

Heard a 1961 Christmas album by Ramsey Lewis that I did not know about, gotta get that one. Love me some Ramsey Lewis piano.

A perennial favorite is a silly collection called Blame It On Christmas that has everything from "Schlepp the Walls" in a Yiddish tradition, to a Sinatra impression singing "Away in a (Swingin') Manger" to an orchestra belting out "The Inexcelsis Polka". I like the stupid ones, I guess. :p
Is this the one? A friend loaned me his a couple days ago(cd)
upload_2018-12-12_17-36-40.png

I was warned this one may SQ problems. Now playing and we will see.
upload_2018-12-12_18-24-35.png
Edit: I'm on song 5 and I hear some really odd sounds being coaxed out of that organ but at moderate volume I am not hearing anything to complain about SQ wise. This album will not make it in my top 20 but I'm enjoying it.

Last edited:
That one goes on my list. :thumbsup:

I grew up listening to that album when I was kid. It still wonders me on how great it sounds! Percy Faith knows arrangements!! The album has a few different reissue covers through the years. My mom actually bought the reissue in the early '70's. This is what the cover looked like.

R-7369204-1439989265-2756.jpeg.jpg

The album originally was a two album set from the late 1950s! Here's that album cover.

R-4926344-1444700355-7153.jpeg.jpg

I grew up listening to that album when I was kid. It still wonders me on how great it sounds! Percy Faith knows arrangements!! The album has a few different reissue covers through the years. My mom actually bought the reissue in the early '70's. This is what the cover looked like.

R-7369204-1439989265-2756.jpeg.jpg

The album originally was a two album set from the late 1950s! Here's that album cover.

R-4926344-1444700355-7153.jpeg.jpg

Good memories I'll bet. Thank you for the info. On a side note I wish the records I inherited from my Mom were in better shape. I doubt the stylus was ever changed on the ol' Curtis Mathis console. One record that is VG+ is Desmond Blue by Paul Desmond.

Back
Top Bottom