2018 Audiophiliac Speaker of the Year! Klipsch RP-600M

HiFiJeff

So I have really been going back and forth on what speakers to put in my theater room. I have ZU Audio Dirty Weekends for my two channel and was going to add the center as well to turn it into a home theater but theses Klipsch's are getting great reviews! And Steve Guttenberg just posted this review on them both on-line and on YouTube. They sound like a real winner. And less than half the price of the ZU's. I can get these and the matching center channel and still have $500 left over. I am very tempted to pick up a pair and try them out.
For what it's worth, he responded to a question I asked him because he is also a HUGE fan of my current ZU Audio DW's and he told me the Klipsch's are more alive, dynamic and have that extra detail retrieval that the ZU's don't have. He did say that the ZU's over all were a better speaker though. I would assume he was referring to imaging and soundstage, maybe mids and tone. Who knows, just making assumptions. He didn't give me specifics on that comment. But detailed, lively, dynamic is exactly what I want in a speaker. I love the shimmer of cymbals and the crack of a snare drum. The ZU's do a great job with that too though.

Anyway here is the review.

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-klips...600m-is-the-audiophiliac-speaker-of-the-year/

I have one size down as my surrounds. I put them on top of my Quartets to compare in the big rig and they sounded really good, but would need a sub. I've also tried them against the JBL 305 powered speakers that get talked about a lot and they sounded better over all than the JBL's. On a desktop I imagine the JBL's would be better as the Klipsch need more distance to sound their best.

Back
Top Bottom