What audio gear and music are you getting for Christmas in 2018?

I’m getting my dad a Blu Sound Vault 2I (he really wants one lol). I get a good deal on it through work. I don’t think I’m going to get any audio equipment from anyone... would be super cool if I did. haha. Dear Santa...

My 11 year old received his first system this Hanukkah. I handed down my Marantz 2250b recapped by EchoWars a few years ago. It was my first receiver and he tells me he likes the “vintage stuff”. I combined it with an open box Marantz CD6006 because it is sturdy and I love the ease of iPod/usb integration with its built in DAC. A pair of Klipsch RP160M speakers and he is off and running. He received it on December 5th, and has been playing it nearly non stop since!

...and since that left me without a system, I’m hoping for some vintage Luxman components for my birthday in January...

Attachments

• 13AB6401-A276-4CDB-9CAC-D38AF1DB71EB.jpeg
    13AB6401-A276-4CDB-9CAC-D38AF1DB71EB.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 45
My sister in law asked what I wanted, given the budget I asked for a pair of Dayton 3.5 fullrangers, there so handy to have around. Mom and sis are giving me another Multitester.

Got an early combined Xmas/birthday present a few weeks ago. Modwright SWL 9.0SE preamp. Really happy with it.

I'll wait till after the holidays (all available funds tied up with kids' and girlfriend's gifts) to buy myself a very deserved gift! LOL!

No, no audio gear.
I did get a lower jaw bone ridge expansion, bone graft, and 2 titanium dental implants. $7,000 last week. Included was a $150 discount for scheduling it this time of year. Apparently people don't elect to have this done just before the holidays.
The posts and crowns will be going in about April of next year - another $2,400 - assuming the implants and bone graft take hold.

I think I would have been more excited about receiving a 'Sing-a-long With Mitch' LP.

My wife gave me all adcom system - CD changer, pre and power - bless her. I really dig the presentation of adcoms although I have much more high end amps, I enjoy these for $230 total gently used! Anyone else into adcom presentation over more upscale piece?

Giving myself a DX3pro.

index.php

These well regarded speakers are on sale now for $150 - might want to check them out before settling with the Daytons...

Her budget is $50 so I went with these little 3.5’s. These are outstanding little drivers, I use them in a .13 or so enclosure tuned to 70Hz with a one inch port. This seems to low but it works, putting them in corners or window sills really brings out the bottom end. They have worked very well in table top stereos and speakers, these are cheap rewarding fun for sure. I have some cabs made from repurposed distressed wood waiting for them, pretty much the same as seen on Etsy.
https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...point-source-full-range-driver-8-ohm--295-349

No, no audio gear.
I did get a lower jaw bone ridge expansion, bone graft, and 2 titanium dental implants. $7,000 last week. Included was a $150 discount for scheduling it this time of year. Apparently people don't elect to have this done just before the holidays.
The posts and crowns will be going in about April of next year - another $2,400 - assuming the implants and bone graft take hold.

I think I would have been more excited about receiving a 'Sing-a-long With Mitch' LP.

I feel for you.

The best part is most insurance doesn't cover these. It appears they don't think we really need "all those teeth..."

I had the same procedure about a month ago, only on the upper jaw. Both bicuspids pulled, infection in the bone (scrape, scrape, scrape) almost through to the sinus cavity, bone graft, etc.

No freakin' pain meds, either. Bastards here in Ohio are so afraid of the drug police they just tell you to ice it and take ibuprofen. I was in pain before the surgery. What the hell did they think I was going to feel like after it?

Anyhow, no audio stuff for Christmas. Unless something falls from the sky.

Back
Top Bottom