Pioneer PL-117D not lifting at end of record

slimecity

Has anyone had experience with this - and hopefully a fix for this?

The record starts in the correct place - auto-start is working and the platter spins, the arm lifts, moves then lowers.

At the end of the record however the arm will not lift. If the arm is lifted and I nudge it to about halfway across the label, the mechanism will then kick in and return the arm to the rest.

I have the SM and it has adjust procedures for arm position at the start if the record - however I cant see any way to adjust the pickup mechanism at the end of the record.

Hopefully this isnt anything non-fixable. I have yet to open it up and check out the wire-controlled switches etc.

Last edited:
I'll look at the manual soon and see if I can figure it out. Not tonight, I'm hitting the sack.

I'm working on one that won't stop auto-repeating. Maybe we can help each other.

Pictures of the inside? Especially the screw positions on the various wires?

Pictures of the inside? Especially the screw positions on the various wires?
Thanks mate - I can hopefully get some pics up shortly.

I have come across some threads on the auto-repeating issue - it seems to be more common than my issue

Get out of here.

w1b3wo.jpg

w1b3wo.jpg

Fantastic Ston_Cold - pretty sure that isnt in the SM that I have - thanks a lot and I will take a good look at my TT based on those diagrams.

The tonearm does return properly if the STOP button is pushed during play - so I suspect that hopefully only an adjustment of the arm position at record-end is needed.......

Back
Top Bottom