Too Good To Be True - Check this out

Not really. He is taken offer and he clearly knew the market price.

THIS SALE IS NOT FOR RE SELLERS OR FLIPPERS. I prefer folks looking for a personal set up. Please DO NOT contact me with low ball offers. Needles to say I know exactly what I have and what it is worth

What is "too good to be true" about a guy selling his stuff at "very fair market value"? You lost me.

If I lived in Colorado I'd be all over that and drop some major coin.A lot of top notch gear there.

Maybe the "Too Good to be True" is because there is quite a variety to choose from? Don't see that much stuff at the same place at the same time too often.

Personally, it annoys me when people like this break CL rules and post without prices, usually they're looking for top-dollar or trying to create a bidding war, ... in this guy's case he's claiming to be doing vintage audio a service by selling these at "market price" and taking offers but not "low-ball" offers.

Interesting way to start the ad: "just completed my 2 year "Upcycling" project with vintage audio equipment"

Which sounds like he does other "eco-friendly" projects and this is just a passing one-time event, but if this was not his hobby prior, then odd he has skills to do repairs. In the end, really just seems to be someone that wants to sell audio gear that was picked up. At least what is shown does look to be in very nice shape.

If that were the case, I'd expect to see a lot of mid-level and inexpensive gear, the selection of receivers makes it apparent that he knows what he's looking for and only buys what there's money in. There are 100 low-model Technics, Magnavox, Zenith, etc. etc. stereos out there for every big Pioneer SX receiver for example, his selection is skewed. Speculation I agree, but it's hard for me to believe (based on the evidence and his no lowballers attitude) that he hasn't been doing this for a while.

I know people in recycling, and I see what they get in the door, ... I've never asked to buy anything because it is mostly crap. This looks like a collector/flipper to me.

I suspect the OP meant the $1 price was too good to be true.

If that were the case, I'd expect to see a lot of mid-level and inexpensive gear, the selection of receivers makes it apparent that he knows what he's looking for and only buys what there's money in. There are 100 low-model Technics, Magnavox, Zenith, etc. etc. stereos out there for every big Pioneer SX receiver for example, his selection is skewed. Speculation I agree, but it's hard for me to believe (based on the evidence and his no lowballers attitude) that he hasn't been doing this for a while.

I know people in recycling, and I see what they get in the door, ... I've never asked to buy anything because it is mostly crap. This looks like a collector/flipper to me.

Another irony if your last sentence is correct: the only part of the listing that is in ALL CAPS states....
THIS SALE IS NOT FOR RE SELLERS OR FLIPPERS.

Last edited:
When there is no price or that ridiculous $1 I don't open the ad. That seems to always mean Overpriced.

Has anyone in the Front Range made any inquiries? I will admit to pulling out the magnifying glass to check out those receivers.

Not really. He is taken offer and he clearly knew the market price.

THIS SALE IS NOT FOR RE SELLERS OR FLIPPERS. I prefer folks looking for a personal set up. Please DO NOT contact me with low ball offers. Needles to say I know exactly what I have and what it is worth

It looks like the price is high on most of the hot items comparing to local CL ... I had asked for the Sansui9090DB yesterday , It sold (unknown price), HPM-100 $650 that most of the time I saw the nice HPM-100 listed around $350 to $550 on local CL recently....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/273659320007357

01212_f6XOYL09YKu_1200x900.jpg 00q0q_6siATYsT6d_1200x900.jpg 00E0E_j3Ht3UpPcf9_1200x900.jpg 00x0x_1ymKKIx40AX_1200x900.jpg 00101_jfPYcu7GrYO_1200x900.jpg 00U0U_2xvYJBRvRot_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Somebody around here (Denver/Front Range) has to know this guy. Ring anybody's bell? Joe? Kevin? Sunny? Mark? Glen?

T'aint me, I can tell you that.

I figure his prices are market value (probably high to me) hence not for flippers. I don't buy the "eco-recovery" bull but have no problem with a guy doing some free advertising on CL to move some stash for the season. If I had the coin to make a decent enough bundle to bring prices down or saw a piece I really wanted I wouldn't hesitate to go negotiate with the guy.

Maybe i go by and check it out and let you guys know!

Yeah, let us know how it went. Ask him if he's an AKer.

Looks like he's looking to cash out some of his collection by taking advantage of the holiday shopping season.

Back
Top Bottom