What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

View attachment 1359806

Picking these up tomorrow! :rflmao:

Now I can stop tormenting all my small speakers. Nice to have a set that can play loud again. And parts are easily available.

Most of my speakers are small and parts are scarce.
A coincidence that I just pulled these woofers out for refoam. Got 'em about 9 months ago. I bought a CD player and the guy insisted I take the whole system. Not sure what I will do with them.

Edit: forgot the pic

rps20181217_203723.jpg

Last edited:
A coincidence that I just pulled these woofers out for refoam. Got 'em about 9 months ago. I bought a CD player and the guy insisted I take the whole system. Not sure what I will do with them.

:rflmao:Today keeps getting stranger and stranger. :)
Don’t ya hate when folks do that?
“No you have to take it all!”

I bet you can find a creative way to put them to use. Your ideas are always awesome!!

Don’t think I said hi to you today.

Howdy John! :)

Your worry is well founded, based on the value my kids a their friends place on vintage collectables of any kind...I'm worried sick about my collective music possesions

( guitars, amps, vintage pedals, 100 plus microphones, mixing consoles, rack effects, digital boards, tons of vintage Hi Fi and cutting edge PA speakers, albums Cd's and on and on)

being auctioned and spread out and disappearing in one day , and I've spent 50 years putting it together.. I'm sure many here on the thread fear the same.
I'm in the same boat.

I like records like that. Sometimes they turn up in thrift stores.

Those kinds of albums are more about actual collecting than acquiring. I took me years to figure that out..I think all great collections of anything have many singular items you cant find elsewhere, 30 years ago when I was clueless I blindly thought record collecting meant having stuff like every Bad Company album..Still kind of cool but not very diverse or special, or valuable, or ultimately interesting. I'm reading a book on great record collections and the collections are all nothing I had dreamt of. But they are truly great collections because of just that..

Last edited:
NO ANSWER--ELO

Their 1st album which was released in 1971, included a top 10 hit in Britain called 10538 OVERTURE. The song nor the album made any dent here in the states. After Roy Wood left it became Jeff Lynne's band and their 2nd album, called ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA II, had the cover of Berry's ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN and the rest is history. So this 1st album, unfortunately, got lost in the shuffle. Finally, in 2003 EPIC LEGACY had the good sense to reissue it on a remastered cd. Because originally ELO was supposed to be a one time side project of THE MOVE, it was during the same studio sessions that THE MOVE recorded MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY. One of the best British releases of that year.
Anyway, this album is nothing like what ELO became, because it was more influenced by Wood than Lynne.

martha and the vandellas; spooky tooth; the creation; the first edition; grapefruit; the 5th dimension; eddie floyd(no relation to pink); archie bell & the drells; buffalo springfield; the pretty things; dave mason; desmond dekker; the kinks; r.dean taylor; dionne warwick; mason williams; love; quicksilver messenger service; canned heat; beau brummels; al wilson; arthur brown; otis redding; the rascals; aretha franklin; big brother & the holding company; the everly bros.;dave davies; four tops; the move; james brown; kak; jethro tull; steppenwolf;james carr; the west coast pop art experimental band; the temptations; savoy brown; sly & the family stone; spirit; fairport convention; tommy james & the shondells; lothar & the hand people; mc5.
A great assortment of artists!

(Thanks for posting all of that.)

Back
Top Bottom