Best computer speakers for $99 !

gongli

Musician + Audio Lover
I couldn't believe the quality coming out of China lately for peanuts, and case in point is Edifier powered speakers R1280T.

You can get them on Amazon or Ebay. They sound considerably better than just about anything in that price point - rivaling real audiophile speakers, although not quite that. The cables included are bad, so you might want to upgrade. There is a bluetooth version for $30 more bucks but as you know, wifi is higher quality, so I would just add Chromecast Audio for $15 (on sale these days including shipping from $35) - they sound quite good, not for the price but for any price...

If you buy from this seller on Ebay, you can return them for free, so you can audition them at your home.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Edifier-R1...AAOSwUJlZ3l4J:rk:4:pf:0#shpCntId&shqty=1#shId

There are many many great reviews from happy buyers on Amazon if you want to read a few - they are the Amazon choice speakers. For $50, you can get bi-amped ones for better highs as well, but even the $99 one sounds enjoyable.

With the DAC in the Chromecast Audio, you will be bypassing the inferior DAC in your computer, and together they will sing for you!

Hope this helps someone wanting to get into this exciting hobby for not too much money - younger audiophile wannabes, students, senior citizens, and what not.

Happy listening and Merry Christmas to everyone...

I have had some Edifier 1280T’s for a couple years now, they are an outstanding deal for $100. I bought some 1800BT’s as a Christmas present for some friends which are an even better deal at $150. The sound quality, build, and looks are exponential for the extra $50. I use the 1280’s at work, everyone that listens to them is surprised when they find out they were $100.

Back
Top Bottom