What Did Your Secret Santa 2018 Give You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my Secret Santa sent me a 2nd (unexpected) gift that I just received today - I didn't remember ordering anything, so I was confused when I got a small box in the mail today.

Here he is, a little Nipper dog! My first one! He's a small fella, but very cute. I had been thinking for awhile that I should get a Nipper dog, so this is perfect.

Thanks Santa! He will have an honored place on top of one of the speakers in my main system. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1357825
Cool, everyone needs a nipper:thumbsup:

IMG_1232.jpg

DAN-181217114356.jpg

Got a very unexpected and great gift from a very thoughtful Secret Santa who wrote a nice note explaining why they chose that gift, even how to use it.

I will elaborate on it with pictures tomorrow

Thank you Santa

Last edited:
Got a very unexpected and great gift from a very thoughtful Secret Santa who wrote a nice note explaining why they chose that gift, even how to use it.

I will elaborate on it with pictures tomorrow

Thank you Santa

I wasn’t sure you’d need directions on how to use the fruitcake slicer, but it’s always best to be sure. Your “fruitcake of the week” subscription will start in January- thought it best for you to master the slicer before the deluge started.

Enjoy! :beerchug:

My Santa appreciates my appreciation of my "baby"--a black and red HellCat "helmet" for my RedEye--it is sitting on the dash as a reminder to wear it when I drive her.

AND--some local delicacies--will work out well with my traditional Italian Chistmas Eve feast--I'm Lithuaniuan, but grew up with enough Italians to do it right!

Thanks, Santa!

Normally I, like so many of us, like to wait until Christmas to open gifts, but since my SS gift was delivered today and left in the rain by the deliverer(USPS seasonal help I gather as my regular guy RINGS the bell!) thus soaking the box, my hand was forced and said package was opened.
Happily, the contents were unaffected by the wet and are as useful as can be!! And used they shall be!...and consumed!!
Bravo Secret Santa & thank you!!1544994443174-52947818.jpg

Normally I, like so many of us, like to wait until Christmas to open gifts, but since my SS gift was delivered today and left in the rain by the deliverer(USPS seasonal help I gather as my regular guy RINGS the bell!) thus soaking the box, my hand was forced and said package was opened.
Happily, the contents were unaffected by the wet and are as useful as can be!! And used they shall be!...and consumed!!
Bravo Secret Santa & thank you!!View attachment 1358655
I love tools:hug:

Got my gift today, A group of obscure CD's and a fresh copy of The Deepest End - Govt Mule 2CD/1DVD set I am listening to as I type. My SS took the time to include a nice letter explaining his connection to the music. I can't wait to explore the other CD's. A great AK SS Job!
Thanks SS,
Jim

I received quite the bundle......
A handful of records, including a Brubeck I did not already have (despite having around 35-40) and a Milt Jackson. Wife not a vibes fan so I buy very little but I love MJQ and MJ. Also, a couple of tubes that I believe can find a home in my CJ PV 1 but will have to look further. Also a set of (speaker?) wall mounts from Vogels that look vintage. These I am going to have to post in another forum here as it looks like they get screwed directly into the speaker cabinet but also look like I may be able to use them on my Minimus (I missed a FREE set of mounts in BT for those) that I want to mount over the bed but due to earthquakes won't put anything too dangerously heavy.

All in all a great haul and once again a ton of fun in both directions.

To my SS,
Please do not feel the need to expose yourself and answer about those Vogel brackets. I will figure them out.

D

Mine also had a Van Morrison LP Idid not have and I just finished both sides.

SS you made me a very happy boy.

My house is awash in music, the smell of homemade tomato sauce on the stove and a table full of records and mailers. The sauce smell will appease the wife when she sees the mess.

Mine also had a Van Morrison LP Idid not have and I just finished both sides.

SS you made me a very happy boy.

My house is awash in music, the smell of homemade tomato sauce on the stove and a table full of records and mailers. The sauce smell will appease the wife when she sees the mess.

If only homemade tomato sauce worked like that for my wife....

Reactions: MKG
An update:

As previously posted,I got a very unexpected and great gift from a very thoughtful Secret Santa who wrote a nice note explaining why they chose that gift, even how to use it.

They clearly put a lot of research into my likes and dislikes: much appreciated

SECRET SANTA VOLT+ AMP (2).jpg SECRET SANTA VOLT+ AMP (3).jpg

SECRET SANTA VOLT+ AMP (2).jpg SECRET SANTA VOLT+ AMP (3).jpg

Setting aside the fruitcake jokes (still waiting for that slicer, @captouch ) what I got was a great Volt+ amp and a very robust HP brand power supply.

This should be a real whiz bang combo!

I have been quietly lurking on AliExpress and other webpages checking these out for some time, so it was a great gift to receive.

Since I already have several T Amps I am not using, I couldn't bring myself to spend the funds for a Class D.

Conflict resolved!

Thank you Santa

Letting my SS know my gift arrived today. The Mrs. said she wasn't expecting more shipments. This came in my name and I haven't ordered anything lately. Since TTIWWP, here you go.:D The clock is ticking on the temptation-o-meter. We'll see if I can hold out till Christmas, again.
20181219_171316.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom