Sansui or Marantz?

Which one do you prefer

• Total voters
We are talking 70s vintage here, right?
After 1980, things got very very different.

Given the choice of vintage Marantz or vintage Sansui, my ears prefer the Marantz.

I do have select units from almost every brand in my personal stash.

Both brands exceeded expectations. The garden variety receivers were better than the rest. The high end offerings were awesome as well. Sansui with the Definition Series and AU integrateds. Marantz with the 500, 510M, 300DC, and 1300DC. Marantz was much better in the tube era. It's a close call but I tip my hat to Marantz.

So hard to pick. Marantz 1060 in the little bedroom. Sansui QRX-7001 in the big bedroom and 2000A in the kitchen. All sound good. 5000A and 4270 are both at different shops driving the techs nuts so it's a draw there.

i have over 10 Marantz amps/receivers and one Sansui so im thinking it would be Marantz, but i must say the Sansui sounds damn good

Voted the M route but I prefer the Harman Kardon line from that era. Just me talking out loud...

For me depends on the model. I love the best of both makes. I especially love the 4000 and the Model 18, though both makes have other models I rate highly.

I recently gave my Marantz 2230 to my daughter and son-in-law, and opted to keep a Sansui Stereo 8, so I guess that be my answer.

Sansui.

Love my AU-217/TU-217/SE-80 combo,if a BOTL can sound that good,they got to be doing something right.
Plus there's all my friends who had awesome sounding AU rigs back in the day.
Dangit, I want to vote for Sansui as well. Their solid state standalone tuners were far better than the rest.
And then there's ^^^^ that...
Also Sansui had some dang nice EQ's too.

JM2¢ ~ FWIW ~ YMMV

Bret P.

My vote goes to Sansui based only their TOTL receivers as I have had the pleasure of owning both, now the only receiver I have own is a Sansui G22000 and if I could not have my separates that would be my next choice followed extremely close by the big Marantz 2500

Back
Top Bottom