Pics Of Promo Labels - Show Them Off!

Melon - Sweetwater
WLP
iIQo3Dz.jpg

So today I started going through my Dad's old 45 collection and who knew. He had a few promo's too.
This one is kind of cool. Not the best subject in Engelbert Humperdinck. I think I spelled that right.
. This says it's a special rush service and then demonstration, Not For Sale. Mono on one side and stereo on the other with two different labels. Like I said, kind of cool. Plays fine as after a good clean.
15467078026522579730241754517533.jpg 15467078411288820921286255092168.jpg

Not sure whether this one qualifies. There is nothing on the record label to indicate that it's a promo, but the sleeve shows some interesting markings. I believe it was issued to a radio station, who then dumped it on a local record dealer.

IMG_0803.jpg IMG_0804.jpg

Not sure whether this one qualifies. There is nothing on the record label to indicate that it's a promo, but the sleeve shows some interesting markings. I believe it was issued to a radio station, who then dumped it on a local record dealer.

View attachment 1388883 View attachment 1388884

Cool. I see fewer embossed stamped promos than the other kinds......might have been used so that shrink could be left intact?

Cool. I see fewer embossed stamped promos than the other kinds......might have been used so that shrink could be left intact?

Could be. I didn't notice until the light caught the front of the sleeve the right way.

I might have a few more among the last load that I bought. Turns out the guy I bought them from works at a radio station. There are probably 100 CDs that are still sealed.

F6925830-39A4-4332-BB7D-DAD77408917F.jpeg This was pressed for in-house use only. The story goes that one of the executives wanted to hear it on vinyl. It never got released. It isn't believed that more than a couple hundred copies exist. I love her and I was very fortunate to find this one at an affordable price.

Back
Top Bottom