Need Turntable and Speaker ID

Wayniac

The attached photo has what appears to be B&K Pre and Power amplifiers. I'm not sure about the Turntable and speakers. I'm sure the collective here will be able help! Thanks.

B&K.jpg

Bad quality photo for sure. The top left component is a TT. Clicking on the image should enlarge it.

I second the comment, there is nothing obviously turntable-like in the image you posted.
I clicked and basically see an empty shelf - you can see the brown wall through the empty top left shelf area.

Underneath it is a black box item that might be a CD/disc player - hard to tell.

Under that is a small piece of gear. Router for Wifi/streaming maybe?

The Preamp & amp could be B&K kinda blurry to read any logo.

The speakers left and right are basically out of the picture. Again, not enough in the image to go on - a wooden base and some black cloth - TOO MANY possibilities!

Try again - we need a better picture to work with.

Or, just bite the bullet and actually go see the gear and decided THERE if or not to buy?

The attached photo has what appears to be B&K Pre and Power amplifiers.
I'm not sure about the Turntable and speakers. I'm sure the collective here will be able help! Thanks.
View attachment 1379285

Last edited:
Identify an invisible TT and mostly hidden speakers. Sure, no problem. :crazy:

Why reply, if you don't know? Forum members that own the same equipment as pictured will know right away. The speakers for example, have unique cabinet construction at the base. What ever happened to AK's slogan of "All audio, no attitude"?

I thought that was a cd player. In your pic I can just make out that it is a tt. Still from that pic you would be hard pressed to say exactly what make or model.

@Wayniac we honestly would love to help you out. But, you didn't give us much to work with and that is why all the jesting ensued.

@Wayniac we honestly would love to help you out. But, you didn't give us much to work with and that is why all the jesting ensued.

Thanks, I have great faith in the collective here. I agree there is not much to go on. The speaker cabinet construction is unique at the base corners. The TT appears to be low profile, has three conical feet and a small shiny bit on the bottom, front-center of the plinth.

turntable looks to be an older (90's?) rega probably a planar 3,or maybe an early RP3 - hard to tell. The 3 feet. smoked dust cover and plinth( the planar 3 had a thicker one than the RP3) are what I am going off. It could be another model, but I think deff. rega.

Last edited:
If it is a turntable, it could be one of the few turntables in a drawer (i.e., front-loading). I don't know all of the manufacturers of them, but Pioneer and Sony made some. They are convenient when you do not have the space for a normal table. I have a nice Sony PL-FL1, but it is silver-faced and more obviously a turntable on a drawer. Pioneer made a nice PL-88-F. They also made a related nice black-faced model that looked a bit more like a laserdisc player. You might google those ideas for some help.

Sony PS-FL1
sony_drawer_turntable.jpg

pioneer-pl-88f.jpg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Here is a list for front-loading turntables that I found. I have not checked them for accuracy, but google is your friend.

Akai
AP-M77
FD-1
FD-3JVCQL-G90
QL-G90B​

Marantz

TT-333
TT-433
TT-553​

Panasonic

SF-630 LP​

Pioneer