I’m new here as well

Sean Barry

Hi I’m Sean. Been lurking for a while. Thanks for all the help. Currently running a marantz 2215 through Jbl L 46 speakers. Using an old pioneer pl 512 turntable and awaiting a grado black stylus replacement. Any recommendations for vinyl cleaning solutions that won’t break the bank?

Welcome! I just wash my records in the kitchen sink with a mild solution of Dawn/Water. I use one of those soft paint pads. Then, rinse. Then rinse again. Then, rinse with distilled water. Then, I "air-dry" my records on an old dishrack. Not very high-tech. And, definitely not the results you will get with a RC Machine. But, I have had good results. I tried wiping them down with a microfiber cloth but, that seemed to create a significant issue with static charge.

Yeah I’m using D4. Never really liked the results. Seems to be split down the middle here home solutions vs. everything else.

Hello. For me I use a Record Doctor. Well worth the money for a vacuum. First lay the record on a flat surface to clean then put on the Doctor to finish. I also am a fellow Marantz/JBL owner. I have Marantz 6300 table, Marantz 1090 amp, Marantz 110 Turner and JBL L-100 speakers. Welcome and have fun here. Lots of nice people.

Welcome and enjoy!! I'm not a vinyl kinda guy... I thought the needle was for deep cleaning the grooves!?! :dunno: :no: :crazy:

Welcome! I just wash my records in the kitchen sink with a mild solution of Dawn/Water. I use one of those soft paint pads. Then, rinse. Then rinse again. Then, rinse with distilled water. Then, I "air-dry" my records on an old dishrack. Not very high-tech. And, definitely not the results you will get with a RC Machine. But, I have had good results. I tried wiping them down with a microfiber cloth but, that seemed to create a significant issue with static charge.
Welcome! I use about the same method as posted above. I find a lot of Thrift store records and dollar bin stuff where I have to wash fast. I clean about 5 at a time then let dry. Just watch out for the labels, some don't mind water at all but I've had a few start to wrinkle up on me after getting wet, which usually goes away after a few days.

Back
Top Bottom