Marantz 6300 Need parts

1111art

I don't know if it's OK to ask on this forum, but...

I need these parts for my Marantz 6300.

Counterweight
Dust cover
Front badge that says 'Servo control...'
Feet
Headshell

I'm aware of eBay, Audiogon, US Audio. Any others out there?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 7.58.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 7.58.50 AM.png
    670.7 KB · Views: 12
Just a thought to keep in mind, parts for Marantz tts can be pricey. But they never actually made their turntables. So you can find scads of mechanical parts for them by looking at Realistic, Lafayette, and many of the CEC made machines that get parted out. Good luck.

AK sponsors with banner ads on the front page right side are vinyl reclamation and organ donor parts. Officially, not supposed to seek parts but I don't see this regulated as much as many other issues that keep the mods busy. S'posed to post in subscriber area Barter Town.

Gonna be a while to find all those as the table is money in the bank in good shape and folks grab em when the surface. Good luck.

If another 6300 owner can weigh their counterweight and provide that figure you can broaden your selection. You can measure the diameter of the stub it goes on.

Feet can be improvised, dust covers made to order. Compatible headshells are ubiquitous. Name plates are pretty specific of course but functionally irrelevant.

I own a 6300 in great shape. Use it every day. Do you have the manuals for your deck. It's your first start. You can find them in all the usual spots. As for parts and because they are a sponsor here I feel ok by saying go to Organdonorparts.com. This is where I got mine. Also some of the parts for the 6300 can be interchange with other models in the same range like the 6100 and 6200. The headshell is a very heavy one and is nice to have for a backup but I run a much lighter one. (14.5g w wires/screws) I found a sanyo marked one that weights much less.(8g w wires/screws) The tonearm on the 6300's are heavy so anyway to lighten them up is good. I also put on a Ortofon red cart and stylus. As for weighing my counter here you go. See pictures. Its weighs 114 grams. The total length is 1 1/4 inches. I hope this helps. As stated before you will find comparable on website under different model numbers but still Marantz. Feet I used aftermarket from Epray. Look nice and not to expensive. Dustcovers are available as repops until you can find one that's not cracked. Mine had a deep scratch but I did some sanding and polishing. I also was missing the front badge
Just be patient. Took me about six weeks to find one. Tell the guy at website you need one. Hope this helps you out. Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• 20181226_093515.jpg
    20181226_093515.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 20
  • 20181226_093250.jpg
    20181226_093250.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 20
Sure. No problem. When you have all the parts you need make sure to setup your tonearm correctly. Follow the directions closely. I did do one thing. When setting the anti- skate, it goes in .5 graduations. So if your cartridge calls for somewhere between 1.5 and 2.0 set it at 2.0. Then set your tracking at the recommended setting but back it off by about .5. Do this after about a month of breaking time. You will notice better warmth and feel with maybe 70% less pops and cracks from your vinyl. At least I did. Remember the 6300's have a heavy tonearm so. Rock on!

Back
Top Bottom