What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I have a issue with the darth vader 4400 and i cant listen to it any longer , its hard to detect , but it is there. In the preamp section music sounds real nice and clear but......there is a quiet extended air to the highs, (if that makes sense) and it follows with the treble control , i can not comphensate by adding midrange , or lowering the treble sounds dull , i have tried everything it is with all sources, like a tt cart “sib” just doesnt sound “fantastic” like the other Marantz , i have a rebuild quote from a AK member but if thats just how a 4400 sounds then i wont have it restored , waiting for a reply from the resto guy.

Last edited:
Good looking group...

This is Punkin'... she excels in manipulation and getting her own way. 15 years old now and just this week caused her annual exam to be abruptly stopped by being so violently aggressive. The seasoned vet was VERY afraid of her... clearly a good idea to cut her losses before a potentially very bad scene during the rectal probe.

View attachment 1384313

Lol oh Man!!

View attachment 1384316 View attachment 1384317

looks like she's holding your speaker's hostage with her claws to close to the driver. Personally? I would suggest negotiation.

Good looking group...

This is Punkin'... she excels in manipulation and getting her own way. 15 years old now and just this week caused her annual exam to be abruptly stopped by being so violently aggressive. The seasoned vet was VERY afraid of her... clearly a good idea to cut her losses before a potentially very bad scene during the rectal probe.

View attachment 1384313

Lol oh Man!!

I know the game all to well.. this is Charlotte ^^

She seems to like JBL... lol

She hates the vet too, they all do but she stays mad for a good day after lol[/QUOTE]
Old mate Del Boy went for his yearly hair cut last week,we get him done every year or he pulls loads of fur out when it gets hot poor fella,we find it all over the house,but he comes back looking smick like top cat and i think he's used to getting it done now.Just snapped him out having a morning sun bathe.
20190113_101952.jpg

Ouch. I'm going on pain killers next week. I'll let y'all know if'n I get addicted.
feel for anyone who has a toothache. they're among the most miserable. our old dentist was always overbooked and running late, used minimal anesthesia and was equipped with old, dull drills that would smoke away as he worked us over. all it took was one toothache and a white-knuckle, twinge-laden visit to him to reinforce the habit to brush and floss twice a day. another dentist heard our stories (like the one about his breaking off a needle in sis's mouth), took one look at our work, and seriously considered reporting him to the ada.
for awhile i thought i had a pretty good tolerance. survived a dry socket in with an 800 ml motrin. doc prescribed some "good stuff" for a bone graft. was cutting them in half and only taking them when absolutely necessary b/c i "droned" with an out-of-body experience and nearly peed myself. took one of those when the stone came along and it didn't even touch it. there's a reasonably accurate clip on youtube of jeff foxworthy describing stones.

Last edited:
And another, at $10 mint!

R-737838-1345981301-9031.jpeg.jpg

Lol oh Man!!

She hates the vet too, they all do but she stays mad for a good day after lol
Old mate Del Boy went for his yearly hair cut last week,we get him done every year or he pulls loads of fur out when it gets hot poor fella,we find it all over the house,but he comes back looking smick like top cat and i think he's used to getting it done now.Just snapped him out having a morning sun bathe.
View attachment 1384326[/QUOTE]
Pretty kittie:) ....and boy is your grass nice and green!

Lol oh Man!!

looks like she's holding your speaker's hostage with her claws to close to the driver. Personally? I would suggest negotiation.

She was just stretching no claws were deployed lol never once have they damaged any gear. I leave the grills leaning on the side of my system and never have they clawed them. :)

I could care less if they did... my pets are worth more to me than any gear.. :)

Lol oh Man!!

She hates the vet too, they all do but she stays mad for a good day after lol
View attachment 1384326[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh he’s handsome!! Poor little guy, he probably loved it after it was cut! It’s the process they hate lol :)

View attachment 1384326
Pretty kittie:) ....and boy is your grass nice and green![/QUOTE]
haha yeah my neighbour over the back plays aussie rules out in the country somewhere and said he'd bring me back some "special stuff" that the grounds men use on the turf there,he did and i sprinkled it on after i took the pool down at christmas,watered it in well like he said to and it's gone banana's.:)

Back
Top Bottom