KR-5010 right speaker (AorB) no sound. Left and headphone is good.

MyLastWord

I just picked up a Kenwood KR-5010, after cleaning/dexoit, plug it in and test it. After the relay click, there is no sound on Right speaker (A or B). Left side is OK. Switch to Phone (Headphone), both sides are working perfect (checked using Balance). Research in this site, indicate may be the problem reside with the power/speakers selector switch. Could it be the relays, since there 2 of them and one may be bad? or Should I go after the switch and check it?

Thanks, I got the manual download before. So the wiring check-out against schematic and that leave the switch. I don't get speaker connection from the speaker schematic. A(-) negative and B(+) positive are connected together on both left and right.
Generally aren't all the negative tied together?

Thanks, I got the manual download before. So the wiring check-out against schematic and that leave the switch. I don't get speaker connection from the speaker schematic. A(-) negative and B(+) positive are connected together on both left and right.
Generally aren't all the negative tied together?
Many MOTL receivers of that area aren't happy with 4 ohm (or lower) loads, so they wire the speaker connections in series in the A + B mode - hence the switching of the A negative terminal, and the B positive terminal. Occasional some one has an non issue of the speaker doesn't work in the A+B because there is no speaker in the B Position... Glad to see you got it going..

Re-Inspect again, reveal solder joint was loose and re-solder it. All good now. Thanks.
How do you like your KR-5010? I just recently picked one up and have been enjoying it for a couple weeks. I’m very impressed with it. I like the looks, build quality seems like it was after the manufacturers crested the hill... a little flimsier and light weight than slightly older gear. But, I am actually blown away with the sound. Very dynamic and fun to blast.
I’d call these a bargain, although not very popular.

I just hook it up and haven't got much time to appreciate yet. Overall it's really good build, easy to work with compare to, say Pioneer SX-680. However, I got to say the comparable SX-680 sound better.

Back
Top Bottom