Sansui 7070 vs. Eight

KingJT

Hello!

I have a 7070 that I picked up this summer that's had basic service done but no major refurb. It never really clicked with me soundwise. I have a simple 1000X that I love the sound of far more.
I saw an Eight today locally and have heard great things about them.
Just wondering how the Eight stacks up to the 7070. Does the Eight sound more similar to the 1000X?
Would a trade of the 7070 for the Eight be sensible for both parties?

Thanks as always.

Mike

If seller of eight wants your 7070 do the trade in a heartbeat. 5x better unit. More valuable too. High water mark in build quality for sansui and most any other Japanese product for that matter.

So I'd probably have to come better than just the 7070.
Kind of what I figured.
The more I read about the Eight the more it sounds like something I'd dig.

Hello!

I have a 7070 that I picked up this summer that's had basic service done but no major refurb. It never really clicked with me soundwise. I have a simple 1000X that I love the sound of far more.
I saw an Eight today locally and have heard great things about them.
Just wondering how the Eight stacks up to the 7070. Does the Eight sound more similar to the 1000X?
Would a trade of the 7070 for the Eight be sensible for both parties?

Thanks as always.

Mike

I have a Sansui 1000X too and just love the sound! :beerchug:

The Eight is a great receiver, but it does not sound like a x000 series imo. The Eight has a tighter punchier and more detailed sound, but also a tad dry in the mid. If you want more 1000x, I'd look for same generation amps such as a 4000 or 5000 - they are all cap coupled and just sound different, wonderfully so.

Ideally I'd like to find a 4000.
Should have jumped on one that was available this past summer but didn't want to make a two hour drive.

I'm a fan of the 50 dollar finds!
I think the hunt is as much a part of my interest in this hobby as actually listening.

If your a fan of 50.00 vintage receivers I’d steer clear of pioneer, marantz, sansui. Yamaha, Kenwood, Sony are less usually. Even cheaper makers:

Nikko
Philips
Akai
Mitsubishi.
Etc.

Back
Top Bottom