What power output you claim for your gear?

What Power Output do you claim for you unit?

• I use the number my tech got when he benched my unit

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I use the number my tech got when he benched the unit but state it is a bench test number

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I use the highest number in the specs for my unit whatever I find

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I use the 8 ohm spec for my unit

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • I use the 4 ohm spec for my unit

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • I've got a flea amp, proud to be under 3.5 watts of pure tube power

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
My Conrad-Johnson MF 2300A amp is rated at 240 watts at 8 ohms at no more than 1% distortion. Its the only spec they publish. When Stereophile tested the amp they determined 400 watts RMS into 4 ohms. It works fine with my 4 ohm Maggies.

Actually I haven't quoted the bench numbers without stating that they were bench numbers since you schooled me on the difference between them and the real output obtained by the FTC approved methods. :beerchug:
No you claimed the combined power recently...600 watts...in a post. But I know what you have and what you did. NBD. And you thought I wasn't watching.

I don't think about much.
If I do , I think manufacturers spec.
I generally run at a very small portion of that (except my fleawatt amp).
I know some try to rock the neighbors (and sometimes the neighbor's neighbor's house).
To each their own.:beerchug:
I listen lower:dunno:

Hey, just realized with all my posts in this thread, I never got around to mentioning the watts on my custom Latino!

Nothing scientific - just going with what they tell me on the dynaco forum - 60 watts per channel, around 66wpc using the KT100's with a well behaved rectifier and upgraded capacitance ...

And of course, this gives me another chance to show off my preciousssssssss ... <G>

6sn7-installed.jpg

I am my tech and I built the thing so I'm pretty sure it's good for the 60 watts class A that I've measured it to.

By the way....
My truck makes 425hp at 1700 RPM and 1550 ft/lbs at 1050 RPM. It gets 6.4 mpg pulling 35,000 pounds of steel.

Back
Top Bottom