Realistic speakers to go with Realistic receiver.

I'm really impressed with the bass coming out of these Optimus-1 speakers!
And the treble from the MC1000 speakers, filling in.
It's at normal listening volume, speakers are close, less that six feet away.
The Treble and Bass adjustments on the amp are at the twelve o'clock position.
Sublime Santeria playing, lead guitar crystal clear, base guitar thumping. They sound great!

Last edited:
20190114_200325.jpg I decided to hook up the 85 even before I get the lamps for it. I put my new KLHs out front and hooked my Imperial 6 to the Realistic. Sweet and clear solid state listening.

AND with period correct Realistic EQ

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with the bass coming out of these Optimus-1 speakers!
And the treble from the MC1000 speakers, filling in.
It's at normal listening volume, speakers are close, less that six feet away.
The Treble and Bass adjustments on the amp are at the twelve o'clock position.
Sublime Santeria playing, lead guitar crystal clear, base guitar thumping. They sound great!
You will find the 1's are not treble heavy, but you will also find that you can listen to them forever without fatigue.

You will find the 1's are not treble heavy, but you will also find that you can listen to them forever without fatigue.
Eventually I'll have each set of speakers running through its own amp. Then I can bring up some treble from a set when I want it.

Good listening.
Did you see that practically brand new, still in its original box STA-85?
It's only $400.

On eBay? Yeah I saw it and laughed my ass off. Way over priced. Evan I perfect condition it is still a 41 year old 35 watt receiver. I paid way less than a hunsky for mine.

Also, a pair of Optimus 650 new in box starting cheap I found a pair at Good Will a few years back. Very nice sound Almost exactly the same sound the Realistic T-120. Gave them to friend who really wanted them and had little cash.

Also, a pair of Optimus 650 new in box starting cheap I found a pair at Good Will a few years back. Very nice sound Almost exactly the same sound the Realistic T-120. Gave them to friend who really wanted them and had little cash.
Giving the gift of music is very noble.

On eBay? Yeah I saw it and laughed my ass off. Way over priced. Evan I perfect condition it is still a 41 year old 35 watt receiver. I paid way less than a hunsky for mine.
I think I saw in the listing an add for it new. It was $300 back then.
Maybe this was one of those guys that has a wife that tells him that he has to sell something, so he over prices it and never actually has to sell it.
My rule of thumb is that it should be half of new price. That doesn't always work though.

Those would probably be good speakers. It looks like they sold for $120 each new, so according to my rule of thumb $120 for the pair would be a good price. Maybe a little more since they are unused.
They are about 20 years too new for my system.

Those would probably be good speakers. It looks like they sold for $120 each new, so according to my rule of thumb $120 for the pair would be a good price. Maybe a little more since they are unused.
They are about 20 years too new for my system.
They are mid to late 80s speakers. They have a strong warm midrange sound. Good bass that goes pretty low and deep. They are ported. Port is under the lower grill. I'm tempted myself, but I have too many speakers, especially Radio Shack Speakers And they are all of the large ones except for the Minimus 7s. The may need a refoam on both woofers and mids. Oh, what to do... Ha ha.

They are mid to late 80s speakers. They have a strong warm midrange sound. Good bass that goes pretty low and deep. They are ported. Port is under the lower grill. I'm tempted myself, but I have too many speakers, especially Radio Shack Speakers And they are all of the large ones except for the Minimus 7s. The may need a refoam on both woofers and mids. Oh, what to do... Ha ha.
I think they came out in 1989.
I'm sure they are good speakers but I'm working on the late '60s system.
But new in the box is quite tempting.

Cool! This dumb thread got me wanting another Realistic! My STA 85 arrived Saturday. It was dirty in and out with burned out lamps. Some canned air, Deoxit, Windex and Feed N Wax resulted in a really nice shape unit. I ordered some LEDs and when they come in it will be ready.

The walnut case, black aluminum faceplate and cream colored dial make for a real beauty.

View attachment 1386781

Still have mine from college. Needs some freshening though (new vol sliders mostly).

Still have mine from college. Needs some freshening though (new vol sliders mostly).

The one I picked up seems just to have sat a lot. It is in almost perfect condition on the outside. The controls were really dirty but other than that it seems to be fine.......very little wear and tear.

Well not very much since they did not work. To get them fixed would have been stupid high so out the went.

Back
Top Bottom