Akai AA-1150 Clicking noise

@petehall347
For some reason i suspect mostly in the right channel in which i replaced the outputs, since when i worked only with one channel, the relay dodnt make clicking noises and worked great for half an hour.

Before i start digg inside and look in the protection circuit, maybe if i will dismantle the left channel again, and if the clicking noises will stop again, then i will know for certain that is something within the left channel?
Or maybe this test ia not good enough?

You've already said it.. "Full mains"
Im so sorry i'm not familiar woth terminology.
Do you mean that working with maximum volume level?

no i meant without dbt
Ohhh sorry!
Makes much more sence now.

Yes, last time running half hour without dbt with only right channel outputs.

After replacing new transistors in right channel, and later, set biad current for both channels.
Then run full mains for another 6 hours.
I felt sure enough to bring it back to my friend (owner)

He said thanks it work perfect now.
And after 1.5 hours he said clicking noises come back :/

update regarding the shorted AA-1135
during first assesment i found that in both output transistors (2sd587 NPN) collectors are shorted with ground.
i dissatach them from the circuit, and still the unit is short.
next i suspect the diode bridge, and found that one of the diodes is shorted.
took it off the circuit, and the unit turned ON.

now is the question.
should i replace only this one?
maybe a pair?
or all the four?

the diode is GP20G (400V, 2A)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all,
i needed to change the outputs in the AA-1135.
i ordered MJE15033G+MJE15032G
and instead of MJE15032G the seller gave me MJE13009G (as a complementary of the MJE15033G)
he said is the same.
iv'e looked the datasheet...but i'm not sure if it's really good option to use.
can you advice please?
thanks

20190115_005327.jpg

Hi,
I still with 4 output transistors out of circuit.
after turning ON with DBT for test after replacing 4 diodes rectifier the receiver turned ON with no short anymore (Bulb dimmed low).
after feeling safe to remove the DBT, i turned ON the receiver, and i heard low noise of vibrations.
i think it's a vibration noise like the sound while transformer is "charging".
(the unit is ON, relay is clicked IN, so no short... but this noise was strange for me).
i started measuring voltages out of the transformer, and found they are correct according to s/m.
next i measured voltages of big filter capacitors, and found they are about -34vdc/+35vdc.
BUT, i also find that in the positive (orange) exists also about 35VAC in addition to the +35vdc.
whereas on the negative (purple) exists only the -34vdc without any AC.

is in pointing of issue with the rectifying circuit? (or maybe one of the big filter cap? since i install now 4 new diodes).
thanks.
Capture.PNG

Back
Top Bottom