What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

expand , expand , expand, their is a huge great world out there beyond metal. And it includes metal. I read once, and it might have been in Cream Magazine of all places, that metal is less than 1 percent of all recorded musical history.

As someone digging into metal for 35 years I can tell you that after all this I barely know anything about metal. And I like to think I am reasonably well informed and listened. The well is really deeper than the mind can fathom. Especially if you are interested in every niche (which I am not, even my 'focused" interest the depth is unfathomable). I'm sure this applies to other forms of music too.

How NOT to clean your system and interconnects:
  1. Check your supply of DeOxit, cleaning tools, etc.
  2. Look at the back of your system and all the cabling (sighing heavily optional.)
  3. Say to yourself, “Hmmmm, guess I’ll play one more tune prior to the mess.”
  4. X hours later, say, “Well, I’ll get to it later.”
Repeat as necessary.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Going to have to stash some of these links from the Old Grey Whistle Test so I don’t lose them.

Emerson Lake & Palmer on tour

That's a good one, Kev.
When it was broadcast in the States in '74 it pretty much started me on the road to ELP and prog rock fandom. If you can imagine that special, Rick Wakeman's "Journey To The Center Of The Earth ' and ELP's performance at Cal Jam '74 all being broadcast within a few months of each other. It left quite a mark on an impressionable mind.
My VHS copy from 1998.
https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-manticore-special-mw0000973940
002.jpg

As someone digging into metal for 35 years I can tell you that after all this I barely know anything about metal. And I like to think I am reasonably well informed and listened. The well is really deeper than the mind can fathom. Especially if you are interested in every niche (which I am not, even my 'focused" interest the depth is unfathomable). I'm sure this applies to other forms of music too.

Bingo, there is so much out there it truly boggles the mind...

Back
Top Bottom