Marantz 2325 power amp connector

cjenrick

would anybody know where to get those connectors used on the 2325 for connecting the amp modules? female, 4 pin with 5 mm pitch

there is a space between the pwr pins and the spk pin,

no luck searching through the 132,388 connectors listed on digikey but i have not checked all of them, :eek:

a gentleman here made his own connector for bench testing the amp modules which is why i want that connector, but he probably clipped one from a donor chassis as witnessed by the tell-tale butt splice on the short black gnd wire. i bet he hard-wired the modules like the old Marantz boards were done in order to retain the connector for future use, possibly at the expense of a non suspecting customer, or not.

thank you for any help,

2325 connector.jpg

cj

Last edited:
I have never verified it, but these look like the same connectors used as power supply connectors in PC’s. If so, they are readily available at stores that sell computer parts. I wonder if anyone here has ever verified this?

I have never verified it, but these look like the same connectors used as power supply connectors in PC’s. If so, they are readily available at stores that sell computer parts. I wonder if anyone here has ever verified this?

Nope

Tony

would anybody know where to get those connectors used on the 2325 for connecting the amp modules? female, 4 pin with 5 mm pitch

there is a space between the pwr pins and the spk pin,

no luck searching through the 132,388 connectors listed on digikey but i have not checked all of them, :eek:

a gentleman here made his own connector for bench testing the amp modules which is why i want that connector, but he probably clipped one from a donor chassis as witnessed by the tell-tale butt splice on the short black gnd wire. i bet he hard-wired the modules like the old Marantz boards were done in order to retain the connector for future use, possibly at the expense of a non suspecting customer, or not.

thank you for any help,

View attachment 1386974

cj

That's my set-up and yes they came from donor parts I purchased on eBay.
I found that the amp modules used in other Marantzs (2285B/2330/2330B etc.) use a similar but different pin layout/spacing so I had to procure those plugs to make test harnesses for those models.

Once done it helps make troubleshooting a piece of cake!

Bob

thanks for the replies! i believe the brand on the connector says SMK. but no luck searching that.

meanwhile, not a problem to tack test leads to the back of the board,

cobbled a +/- supply which gets plugged into a variac for testing>test jig.jpg

@cjenrick That is a cool power-supply-on-a-board.

I think you contacted me privately about this part, and I told you I did not know where to find one. The complete answer would have been "but I have often wondered and wished I could find one".

Here is a crude but highly useful 2325 extender my one-time tech Pete Carlson made for me:

2325 extender resize.jpg

Back
Top Bottom