What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

03FB4A55-C81C-4A27-8195-A115231C56AE.jpeg 280B1F66-E9EF-4B17-9970-5BF51CCE9229.jpeg A6F9404E-3683-4DF4-91CC-3D21DE07DE4D.jpeg B06EB9D1-921B-4701-8319-39257098A879.jpeg 1069363B-3050-4371-A3A7-CDF018915420.jpeg

Serious... ^^

3E01DDA7-304D-4E1B-B96F-85AF11410322.jpeg

:)

A coworker has this old zune 80gb... he’s a music fan as well. He had noticed my iPod and knew I worked on little crap like this... so he asks me last week if I ever had worked on a zune...

This thing is in bad shape, the battery exploaded and busted the thing apart and broke all the inner clips...

Battery was shot... so needed to solder in a new one. Got it back in and was getting error codes... I knew it was probably the drive or ribbon... pulled it apart and double checked the ribbons.. got it back together and it fired right up. :) still needs more work, the lock button is busted off and needs to be glued back into the metal housing. Than one would have to super glue it shut... :-/ not a fan of that.... but at least he can use his zune again... he’s probably not played with it in a few years lol :)

View attachment 1387650 View attachment 1387651 View attachment 1387652 View attachment 1387653 View attachment 1387654

Serious... ^^

View attachment 1387655

A coworker has this old zune 80gb... he’s a music fan as well. He had noticed my iPod and knew I worked on little crap like this... so he asks me last week if I ever had worked on a zune...

This thing is in bad shape, the battery exploaded and busted the thing apart and broke all the inner clips...

Battery was shot... so needed to solder in a new one. Got it back in and was getting error codes... I knew it was probably the drive or ribbon... pulled it apart and double checked the ribbons.. got it back together and it fired right up. :) still needs more work, the lock button is busted off and needs to be glued back into the metal housing. Than one would have to super glue it shut... :-/ not a fan of that.... but at least he can use his zune again... he’s probably not played with it in a few years lol :)
That's great that you're able to do all that stuff John. :thumbsup: most would have to chuck that in the trash, but you're giving it a new life

View attachment 1387650 View attachment 1387651 View attachment 1387652 View attachment 1387653 View attachment 1387654

Serious... ^^

View attachment 1387655

When I first saw the pictures I was wondering What's John up to now? Glad you got it working for your coworker. Try some hot glue:dunno:

Drive to and from work today

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
220px-Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_II.jpg

That's great that you're able to do all that stuff John. :thumbsup: most would have to chuck that in the trash, but you're giving it a new life

It probably should go to the trash lol

I’ve got a few zunes as is, that I’ve not messed with in a year or so they are just a pain in the neck really. He’s got a few albums on it but try to add more... good luck with that Microsoft does not support the zune software... the player works tho lol

I agree with you there. I never considered ELO to be a Progressive band. Maybe Eldorado a little bit. I'm certainly not an authority on their music though. I have an ELO album coming that I've never heard of before. From the description it's a concept album of some sort. I'll find it and get back with it.

I think on some level Lou has a point. ELO definitely expanded the acceptable experimental nature of songwriting for FM radio, and album rock. They did it from the Beatles side of the fence in a melodic sense, but they made tons of innovations combining instruments and sound in tuneful songs...Mr Blue Sky is a perfect example...

I always thought it sounded like the Beatles...
Actually that's a great assesment.
To me ELO is a lot like the McCartney side of The Beatles with Moody Blues overtones.

Greg Lake always wondered why the press hated prog so much when it was his belief that prog was the natural extension of what The Beatles created. He felt that he was just carrying on with what The Beatles had started and was expanding their ideas.

Back
Top Bottom