It seems to me he'd be one of us.

teal'c

Nuclear Cardiac Parent
http://maxsiedentopf.com/toto-forever

Set in the Namib desert, which is not only the oldest desert in Africa but the world, I set up a sound installation which pays tribute to probably the most popular song of the last four decades:

Toto - Africa

The sound installation consists of 6 speakers which are attached to an MP3 player that only has one song on it - Toto’s Africa. The song is put on loop and the installation runs on solar batteries to keep Toto going for all eternity.

TOTO-FOREVER1-1280x854.jpg

eternity? 30 years if he's lucky.

With no offense meant, I can't help being reminded of Shelley's "Ozymandias", which ends thus:

"And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

It's one of my favorite lampoons of hubris, but that one won't fit in my .sig.

Cheers,

chazix

http://maxsiedentopf.com/toto-forever

Set in the Namib desert, which is not only the oldest desert in Africa but the world, I set up a sound installation which pays tribute to probably the most popular song of the last four decades:

Toto - Africa

The sound installation consists of 6 speakers which are attached to an MP3 player that only has one song on it - Toto’s Africa. The song is put on loop and the installation runs on solar batteries to keep Toto going for all eternity.
Should alternate with "Dust in the wind" by Kansas..
TOTO-FOREVER1-1280x854.jpg

eternity? 30 years if he's lucky.
Should alternate with "Dust in the wind" by Kansas..

It will be in some dudes house within 20 days.
Yup, it will be in some dude's house -- the guy who made it.

I bet it was unloaded from a Landcruiser, set up in a sand dune -- probably about forty feet from the main road -- filmed and photographed, put back in the Landcruiser and taken home. No one will find it because it's not there.

Bing Crosby - White Christmas.

The story goes that when Berlin finished writing the song he excitedly told his secretary it was the best song he’d written. And then on second thought he said it was the best song ever written. I understand.

Really....

Some herdsman was probably watching this knucklehead and loaded it all up into his Toyota 4-door pickup as soon as the knuckle head drove off. The assumptions of some people....most people is almost criminal. To think that music echoing in the distance isn’t going to draw attention. There are small moslem townships built up around ancient oasis in that desert.

I should write the guy and tell him that there is a lonely forest behind my house !!!

What a sap....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom