What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

She's good live too. Best SQ I've heard at a concert, the engineers did a stellar job.

I managed to score some tickets as a member of the football club who shifted their game to another stadium so ol' leatherlungs could have another night. I thought I could gift them to my wife and she'd go with her daughter but she wanted to go with me. So I was one of the 1% of guys present, dragged in by wives and girlfriends. It was a good gig....and I really don't like her material that much, but like it enough for my wife's sake. Adele swears like a sailor and there were gasps to start with but they soon got used to it.

I bought my wife an LP later on, so she could share the hobby.

View attachment 1387878
There is something to be said for that ratio! Back in the early 80's, I convinced a buddy to go to a Go-Go's concert. We dressed to "the 9's" and went. We were 2 of about 10 guys in an ocean of miniskirts!!! We both both liked those odds! :banana:

She's good live too. Best SQ I've heard at a concert, the engineers did a stellar job.

I managed to score some tickets as a member of the football club who shifted their game to another stadium so ol' leatherlungs could have another night. I thought I could gift them to my wife and she'd go with her daughter but she wanted to go with me. So I was one of the 1% of guys present, dragged in by wives and girlfriends. It was a good gig....and I really don't like her material that much, but like it enough for my wife's sake. Adele swears like a sailor and there were gasps to start with but they soon got used to it.

I bought my wife an LP later on, so she could share the hobby.

View attachment 1387878

If I could double like this post I would ^^ :)

:beerchug:

oh yea, I've heard she swears a lot at her shows. Kind of funny actually.

My gal will go to the LRS with me but its rare that she finds anything she wants.. or will actually play. She uses her cell phone and some nice head phones I got her. I usually just get her a new set of the JBL BT head phones each year. She loves to work out and the JBL over the ear ones seem to be nice fit for her. Shes a big music fan, but her listening style is only via the phone.

I think she has 3-4Lp's, and I've showed her how to work the system.... I've came home and she's had her phone connected to the BT, but never touches the table. :dunno: either way, the Adell and Ed Sheeran LP's are hers.. I think she has a Sam Smith LP in the mix, one or 2 others just don't remember what ones right now. :)

I would rather be here !!

index.php
:rolleyes:

9cd2-3c2e-4cd1-bf36-8043b4a045b5.jpg

https://www.mixcloud.com/mariomamed...tal-classics-2-hours-monster-set-by-madmario/
I'm a little over halfway through this two hour music link. Great/Brilliant collection and a most excellent NWOBHM primer,
Trouble is that there's no info as to what you're hearing as far as I can tell. I can I.D. about 50% of it. No doubt my bro @heavyrock could score 110%.
the player queues you at the bottom what you are hearing. I listened to a bit but shut it off since 'some' audio they used was fairly dodgy, I'll stick with my own sources. But looks like a good primer anyway.

I could go on for days about Tarkus.
Here's a little history about the covers concept... from Wiki.

Recording and concept
Emerson, Lake & Palmer began to work on their second studio album in January 1971.[3]

The cover artwork was commissioned from the painter and graphic designer William Neal.[4]

"[T]he armadillo was simply a doodle created from a fusion of ideas while working on the Rare Bird album As Your Mind Flies By. I had produced a gun belt made up of piano keys, which somehow led to WW1 armoury; nobody liked the idea, but the little armadillo remained on the layout pad. Later on we were asked to submit ideas to E.L.P. for their second album. David Herbet and I put tank tracks on the little fellow ... yet it was still basically a doodle. However, Keith Emerson spotted it and loved the idea, so we developed him further … After hearing the substance of Tarkus on the acetate I developed the ideas along with Keith and Greg, and painted all the other creatures too."[5]

Emerson said, "To everyone, it represented what we were doing in that studio. The next day on my drive up from Sussex the imagery of the armadillo kept hitting me. It had to have a name. Something guttural. It had to begin with the letter 'T' and end with a flourish. "Tarka the Otter" may have come into it, but this armadillo needed a science fiction kind of name that represented Charles Darwin's theory of evolution in reverse. Some mutilation of the species caused by radiation ... 'Tarkus'!"[6]

And here's an explanation about the title track, once again from Wiki.

"Tarkus" is the title track of Emerson, Lake & Palmer's second album. The progressive rock epic lasts 20:35. It was the longest studio song by the band until the three impressions of "Karn Evil 9". The name "Tarkus" refers to the armadillo-tank from the William Neal paintings on the album cover. The artist has explained that the name is an amalgamation between 'Tartarus' (a place of punishment mentioned in 2 Peter 2:4) and 'carcass' (hence the name being written in bones on the album cover). Consequently, the name refers to the "futility of war, a man made mess with symbols of mutated destruction."[2] The song "Tarkus" itself supposedly follows the adventures of Tarkus from his birth, through a fight with a manticore, which he loses and concludes with an aquatic version of Tarkus named "Aquatarkus". Keith Emerson, when asked what work he is proudest of, named his Piano Concerto (from the Works release) and Tarkus.[3]

Excellent synopsis and information..way to go Frank.

Back
Top Bottom