What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Quick question. I'm thinking about buying a SACD player. Is the difference going to blow my mind. Like how did I ever live without this I never knew anything this good existed.
Or just a subtle change. Any input is great.

sound better.. yes... blow your mind... ummmm not that much better... :p

It's best when you run it DSD, and your amp and CDP can run in direct mode. The SACD's are a pain in the ass to find, you will pretty much only find then online, and pay up for them.

Its worth the investment if you can find a player for a good deal, id not spend more than a few bills on any given player..

Denon and Sony have some good players. I think the PS3 can read SACD too..

sound better.. yes... blow your mind... ummmm not that much better... :p

It's best when you run it DSD, and your amp and CDP can run in direct mode. The SACD's are a pain in the ass to find, you will pretty much only find then online, and pay up for them.

Its worth the investment if you can find a player for a good deal, id not spend more than a few bills on any given player..

Denon and Sony have some good players. I think the PS3 can read SACD too..

I was looking at the Arcam CDS 50. It looks like a nice player. The only reason I would jump on it is if SACD made that big of a difference.

I was looking at the Arcam CDS 50. It looks like a nice player. The only reason I would jump on it is if SACD made that big of a difference.

Arcam CDP's are of top quality. Your selection of albums will be limited to whats out..

Lets put it this way... while its cool, its nothing you can dig to deep into as no one is releasing music on SACD.

Its a cool format, just need to keep in mind its not worth investing to much into it. Some good stuff on SACD some obscure crap... its a poke and a pull.

So got an update on the Sansui :)

The annoying function of the tuner lights going off when not on the tuner selection will be converted over to stay constantly on. Again.. I feel that was a really bad design on Sansui's part... they did it to save the lamp life..

I was correct too, the unit has already been converted to LED... but was not done correctly, its still pushing AC power to the LED's... This will be corrected and converted to DC.

Was reported that it was in-fact serviced prior, some good quality Nichicon FC Caps... not bad so far. The unit will need a few things to get it to 100%. a few transistors will be upgraded, and a few other upgrades as well like a protection circuit being added.

Going to be swapping out the larger caps, some work on the tone board, and other caps upgraded.

I cant wait to get it back, should be a nice. As stated before, it sounded great but was just not there yet. I cant wait to get it home and have some good pix taken of the amp. :)

Unless you happen to have any interest in classical music, in which case SACD is alive and kicking.

http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical...F5ACD37017BA9838?album_group2=4&album_group=1

I imagine the Saint-Saëns Organ Symphony would sound pretty spectacular being belted out in 5.1.

as do I... but really... I don't listen to 5.1... its 2 way for me...

I've got a few SACD's in my collection... you guys have seen a few of them... and they do sound good.

my point is say its worth getting into, but not worth the price of some players. SQ is nice, but your not going to be blown away.

The annoying function of the tuner lights going off when not on the tuner selection will be converted over to stay constantly on. Again.. I feel that was a really bad design on Sansui's part... they did it to save the lamp life..

I was correct too, the unit has already been converted to LED... but was not done correctly, its still pushing AC power to the LED's... This will be corrected and converted to DC.

Was reported that it was in-fact serviced prior, some good quality Nichicon FC Caps... not bad so far. The unit will need a few things to get it to 100%. a few transistors will be upgraded, and a few other upgrades as well like a protection circuit being added.

Going to be swapping out the larger caps, some work on the tone board, and other caps upgraded.

I cant wait to get it back, should be a nice. As stated before, it sounded great but was just not there yet. I cant wait to get it home and have some good pix taken of the amp. :)
Popcorn  4.jpg

Sansui wasn't the only company to do that trick of the tuner lights going out when not in tuner mode. I've seen it on Pioneer's and others. I guess they were trying to save the incandescent bulbs for the long haul. I find it annoying as well.

Quick question. I'm thinking about buying a SACD player. Is the difference going to blow my mind. Like how did I ever live without this I never knew anything this good existed.
Or just a subtle change. Any input is great.
I had one .IMHO the cost for actual SACDs wasn't worth the perceived benefit. I thought regular CDs sounded a bit better, but again, the return wasn't there for me. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom