Albums where EVERY song is good

@Champco
I just noticed you Tull, Aqualung, long before I listed it. One of the greats tho. There were so many excellent theme LPs coming out every few months in those days. We were lucky to have so many insightful, visionary musicians in the 70s. We probly owe a lot of it to all the mind-altering drugs.
And the whole industry was different. A six-pack of beer was more important than six-pack abs. (and impossibly white teeth).
I mean ... jeez ... a lotta the best bands were Brits. Dental care was sketchy at best ...

Dave

david1111, Agree with your entire observation !
I recently purchased a copy of "Aqualung", (the 2011 Steven Wilson Stereo Remix) and was absolutely shocked at the improvement over all of the previous versions that I`d heard. Definitely worth a listen if you don`t already have it.
And as far as Brits and their "Graveyard Teeth" go, Johnny Rotten springs to mind.... :)

I forgot to mention Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Recently watched a special about how it was made and it was amazing. Alot of the songs Taupin would write lyrics in his room at night and bring them down to the studio in the morning. Band would all gather and Elton would start working out piano and melody, band would jump in and two hours later, they recorded the track. Such a talented man

@MaxxVolume
Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look for that Steven Wilson remix.
I have Aqualung on vinyl and CD, and neither of them seem to have any bass. And I'm running Kef 107s with a ballsy 380 watt amp driving them. Another AKer had the same very little bass issue with Aqualung as well.
So hopefully the remix looks after some of the issue.

Dave

Another fully listenable LP that comes to mind is Elton John's, Honky Chateau.
And I know this next one is a tad weird, or eclectic, but I can easily listen to the entire Islands LP, by King Crimson.
I have about 5 of their LPs, but Islands and ITCOTCK are the only, all songs are great, LPs.

Dave

https___images.genius.com_7f12f56dc19a5d55473da6eb1e284610.640x640x1.jpg
No one sounds like Morphine. Imo there best album.
81rvYSd2DHL._SY355_.jpg
Queens of The Stone Age
Like clockwork
I think this album deserves to be put next to the all time greats like Led Zeppelin 4. Every song great. Just learned Elton John sang backup amd played piano on Fairweather Friends.

Boston-Boston
Pretenders-Pretenders
Prefab Sprout-2 Wheels Good
Rush-Moving Pictures
Andreas Vollenweider-White Winds
Led Zeppelin-II
Suzanne Vega-Solitude Standing
Yes-Fragile

Chili Peppers-BSSM. comes close, anyway
Police Synchronicity--Would be perfect without that song from Summers
Joe Jackson-Body and Soul almost perfect!
Marshall Crenshaw-Marshall Crenshaw ditto

vollenweider's Caverna Magica ranks as my fave of his. i got the cd 1st and loved it but when i acquired the vinyl, it seemed that the sonic view improved as much as the visual did with the full sized album jacket.

deeper into the soundstage with envelopment and imensionality that was only hinted at with the cd.

Back
Top Bottom