Ordered some Chinese speakers out of curiosity

I just read through this thread.
Noticed in the factory description that the tweeters are 'of imported parts'. Where, pray tell, could this be?

Hard for me to believe these speakers don't sound like--well not like crap maybe, but... not good.
They look almost exactly like one of those white van brands you see walking into the pawn shop-- you know, ProStudio, Techwood, etc

Those of us who occupy our spare time making loudspeaker cabinets really hate those Chinese made cabinets. They do beautiful work and if that's not bad enough, they're cheap too.

Hard for me to believe these speakers don't sound like--well not like crap maybe, but... not good.
They look almost exactly like one of those white van brands you see walking into the pawn shop-- you know, ProStudio, Techwood, etc

Sound quality is pretty well even with my Aurum Cantus speakers which are excellent and somewhat better known m have a bit of a Google ;)

Sound quality is pretty well even with my Aurum Cantus speakers which are excellent and somewhat better known m have a bit of a Google ;)
Make a video if you can and post in the video thread. I'm sure like myself, most are curious what these sound like.
Glenn

Those of us who occupy our spare time making loudspeaker cabinets really hate those Chinese made cabinets. They do beautiful work and if that's not bad enough, they're cheap too.

Can't really argue with this- had a set of Swans several years ago that were top notch in looks.
The sound left quite a bit to be desired.

I'll do this weekend, though not sure how valuable a recording will be as it would be coloured by both my Xiaomi phone and the playback system. Will give it a crack though

I'll do this weekend, though not sure how valuable a recording will be as it would be coloured by both my Xiaomi phone and the playback system. Will give it a crack though
The videos are just for fun, and to get an idea of speaker & system sound. Not meant to be for critical listening. I'd say 90-95% of the videos were shot with various phones, but you can still hear the differences, and some actually sound pretty decent.

I'll do over this weekend The following the amp will be going away for some maintenance as it has some burnt resistors ..... Will receive some Dueland JAM caps which should be interesting :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom