Hauled this from a Goodwill while on a road trip. Got home and reviewed what I pulled. I have no ide

hempdiddy

7ncWqAh.jpg

Some purchased based on cover alone LOL. I haven't listened to all of them yet, but a few are pretty good so far. BTW the Heidelberger cover is signed by Mr. Michael Pesamoska himself!

Attachments

• records_goodwill haul_2019-01-06.jpg
    records_goodwill haul_2019-01-06.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 59
Some good ‘60s easy-listening there. Wouldn’t mind hearing the Alexander Brothers - Scottish folk?

Much of that stuff gets overlooked at the Willies - people don’t know what it is. Never know what will turn up at a Willie though - recently found a near perfect copy of Fahey’s “The Voice of The Turtle”, a VG+ of Queen’s “A Night at The Opera”, several VG+ Cheap Trick and Journey albums - each for a buck to two bucks, depending on the Willie.
Just have to be there early in the day to get lucky. Of course, people recognize Jim Nabors - and still won’t buy it. He had a good voice though. The stuff I tend to avoid is invariably the Mitch Miller and Lawerence Welk. Don’t know why - I’m sure some of it’s good too.

Hah! A friend of mine used to tour with James Last on violin. She said they were a hoot - a bit of craziness mixed in with good ol' camaraderie.
I find his LPs in the local thrift shops, but I've yet to buy one. I cringe imagining what is on them.

If you like 70s-80s country, Sylvia had a couple minor hits that still play on the classic country stations. She wasn't bad to look at either.:naughty:

Makes me feel better about leaving records like those. It should give me some Karma points for not hogging everything.:)

Hah! A friend of mine used to tour with James Last on violin. She said they were a hoot - a bit of craziness mixed in with good ol' camaraderie.
I find his LPs in the local thrift shops, but I've yet to buy one. I cringe imagining what is on them.

I picked up this James Last album this past summer. With a title like Voodoo-Party, How could I pass it up? It's a hoot, alright!

My GW recently got a collection of imports similar to that Heintje. Most are still there.

Some good ‘60s easy-listening there. Wouldn’t mind hearing the Alexander Brothers - Scottish folk?

Much of that stuff gets overlooked at the Willies - people don’t know what it is. Never know what will turn up at a Willie though - recently found a near perfect copy of Fahey’s “The Voice of The Turtle”, a VG+ of Queen’s “A Night at The Opera”, several VG+ Cheap Trick and Journey albums - each for a buck to two bucks, depending on the Willie.
Just have to be there early in the day to get lucky. Of course, people recognize Jim Nabors - and still won’t buy it. He had a good voice though. The stuff I tend to avoid is invariably the Mitch Miller and Lawerence Welk. Don’t know why - I’m sure some of it’s good too.

Gee, thought I was the only one. ;) Maybe one day, when all the good albums are safe in the hoarders closets, all these will be bought up.:rolleyes:

A couple of years ago, I found an interesting looking album at Goodwill. Had never heard of it, but the concept intrigued me in an odd way:
dodge.jpg

Cleaned it off, cued it up, and it was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be:

All the Willies get are mostly commons . But I have one or two Larrys ‘ and he’s actually pretty good . Just because there were old people cavorting on the show doesn’t auto disqualify it .

Mitch’s gang singers could really carry a song if you ask me .

Now watch me get flamed .

All the Willies get are mostly commons . But I have one or two Larrys ‘ and he’s actually pretty good . Just because there were old people cavorting on the show doesn’t auto disqualify it .

Mitch’s gang singers could really carry a song if you ask me .

Now watch me get flamed .

OK............:whip:

as my daddy always said........."pass one up, and you're one behind.......and you can never catch up"

:p

Back
Top Bottom