Pics of your listening space

46729107392_fde118eb56_b.jpg
45942511324_7eb4cd9c47_b.jpg
45752155875_a8068c3d92_b.jpg
45324033184_2af94a27e5_b.jpg
Very nice room and equipment set up! And welcome to AK!!

Very nice room and equipment set up! And welcome to AK!!
Thanks and thanks! Should have introduced myself and said hey, but was so impressed with myself figuring out how to post pics i forgot to type! Started this room about a year ago after a several year hiatus from audio. Slowly but surely its coming together. Everything except the Kallax has been thrifted or bought second hand, equipment included. I built the cd shelving. I love the gear part of this but prefer to spend whatever budget i have on music!

Here is one system with the C2500 operating three power amplifiers in three rooms, its a trifecta! Also see my grand piano I am able to play part of ode to joy but I spend too much time listening to the McIntosh than practicing but this piano sounds glorious in this vaulted room.

20190119_154848.jpg
20190119_154809.jpg 20190119_154822.jpg

Attachments

• 20190119_154848.jpg
    20190119_154848.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 16
Hello everybody,
My main system as it looks in January 2019:

Stereo:
Vincent CD-S7 DAC Hybrid CD Player
Vincent SV-237 Class A Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
Monitor Audio RX-8
Interconnects: Audioquest Golden Gate
Loudspeaker Cables DIY with Oehlbach Rattle Snake 6

Home Theater:
Philips Blu Ray Player BDP3000
HTPC
Onkyo TX-NR818 AV Receiver
Monitor Audio RX-8
Monitor Audio RX Center
Monitor Audio GS10 Surround
JBL E250P Subwoofer
View attachment 1384877 View attachment 1384878 View attachment 1384879 View attachment 1384880
Wow!!! Nice setup. Done very tastefully

Latest and greatest incarnation :)

Purple Heart N.S. Tracking 2.3gr 400 ohms load, duel pivot VPI 12” FatBoy on Avenger TT , VPI Delrin Stainless Steel Record Clamp with VPI clamping ring, HRX motor pulley with 3 belts, VPI reference feet with Fern & Roby's isolation pucks, Phoenix Engineering Eagle PSU and RoadRunner Tachometer, Cardas Silver RCA interconnects, MANLEY LABS CHINOOK SPECIAL EDITION MKII , BRYSTON 4BSST @ 4 ohms ( 500W per channel ) to 2 Magnepan 1.7s with 2 1000W Velodyne MicroVee Powered Subwoofers

*Edit: Have an HW-16?

Actually not, but I've been using a "CleanerVinyl Max Cavitation System" in conjunction with a "Knosti Disco Antistat" for years and I'm beyond happy with that.

You may have noticed the turntable on the left .....It's a restored SL-DL1 also in the cabinet I've got a ROTEL RCC-1055 CD carousel with DAC, PlayStation, Satellite TV crap and the HK home theater controller.

Denon DP47 w/103D cartridge
Jolida modded tube phono amp
Logitech Transporter streamer
PS Audio III dac
Rogue Audio RP-1 preamp
N.E.W. Class A amplifier
Revel M20 speakers w/Revel stands
SVS sealed 12" subwoofers (2)
Rectilinear III Highboys in process of restoration.
Picture(s) to follow

Hibuck...

Latest and greatest incarnation :)

Nice setup! I've heard great things about that MANLEY LABS CHINOOK SPECIAL EDITION MKII. In your opinion does it live up to the hype?

Purple Heart N.S. Tracking 2.3gr 400 ohms load, duel pivot VPI 12” FatBoy on Avenger TT , VPI Delrin Stainless Steel Record Clamp with VPI clamping ring, HRX motor pulley with 3 belts, VPI reference feet with Fern & Roby's isolation pucks, Phoenix Engineering Eagle PSU and RoadRunner Tachometer, Cardas Silver RCA interconnects, MANLEY LABS CHINOOK SPECIAL EDITION MKII , BRYSTON 4BSST @ 4 ohms ( 500W per channel ) to 2 Magnepan 1.7s with 2 1000W Velodyne MicroVee Powered Subwoofers

As an experienced Manly Man :):) I'd skip the "MANLEY LABS CHINOOK SPECIAL EDITION MKII" for me the tube set from Upscale Audio (for me) are a over sale gimmick. First off I'd just get the Manley stock tubes they come burnt- in and sound very nice, then If I wanted something very good and not to expensive get a quad of Gold Lions YOU'LL BE SET !!

As far as the Chinook goes :):):) I've had several Phono Stages and I know for me, I'll have this one till I croke.

Ideally you can find a Chinook on eBay or Audiogon...Get the Gold Lions you'll be very happy and be heaver in the pocket book.

As an experienced Manly Man :):) I'd skip the "MANLEY LABS CHINOOK SPECIAL EDITION MKII" for me the tube set from Upscale Audio (for me) are a over sale gimmick. First off I'd just get the Manley stock tubes they come burnt- in and sound very nice, then If I wanted something very good and not to expensive get a quad of Gold Lions YOU'LL BE SET !!

As far as the Chinook goes :):):) I've had several Phono Stages and I know for me, I'll have this one till I croke.

Ideally you can find a Chinook on eBay or Audiogon...Get the Gold Lions you'll be very happy and be heaver in the pocket book.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom