Passive Preamp Question

That's what mine is, basically: a volume knob and four inputs. The volume knob can also be controlled by the remote, but I am able to switch the inputs only by the remote, which kinda scares me.

I'm not sure how to create a back up remote with one of those universals jobbies, though, as this preamp was made in Turkey by a company that no longer exists and has no more remotes to send to me. I was told by the owner of the former company that a Sony TV remote would work. His English was so bad, though, that he wasn't able to elaborate.

Made in Turkey?

Will it be possible to share photos of to your passive amp? I am also made in Turkey:)

.......So, the question is, Is this how passive preamps work? They don't actually need any sort of voltage to make them work? Am I the last person on this planet to know this? Is this the question that "42" was the answer to?

Yes, no, yes, can't tell you yet.

We (almost everyone in the world except you) have a list of items of information we are precluded from divulging to you until all others are notified. The question to 42 was found twelve years ago, and we estimate your notification of it will be issued about 5.75 years from now. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Have been using , off and on , an Adcom SLC-505 for years...

Adcom-SLC-505.jpg

As mentioned above it is all about synergy/matching. My SLC-505 can sound really good with some amps like an Adcom 535 or 2535 yet not so good with others

Have been using , off and on , an Adcom SLC-505 for years...

As mentioned above it is all about synergy/matching. My SLC-505 can sound really good with some amps like an Adcom 535 or 2535 yet not so good with others

I have experienced this as well when I try to pair my preamp with a Class D Audio amp. I have to crank the volume up well past the 12:00 position to get a decent amount of sound.

I have to crank the volume up well past the 12:00 position to get a decent amount of sound.
Which is exactly what you want to do with passives. Understand that you are merely attenuating the signal. Most work best near the top of their range. When I used DACT based DIY attenuators, I usually ran them between 2:00 and 4:00.

Huh. OK. I'm gonna have to put that Class D Audio amp back into the rotation and give it another chance. Thanks for the info

You can always use an old tape deck,put it on record/pause,adjusting the record level would be just like a preamp volume.
y0Olmfu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom