What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

IMG_8413.JPG IMG_8414.JPG

Evening constant listeners. I've been searching for "clean" copies of Moody Blues pressings since I returned to vinyl back in 2010. I found four yesterday, including this one, which appear on the surface to be the best of theirs I've found to date. This side one sounds nice, with very good dynamics but, side two may be a little rough. We'll hear. I don't know... Considering MB gets "overlooked" by some music fans, it's about as difficult to find very clean pressings of their work as it is to find Beatles or Stones or The Who or Hendrix, or any of the great bands from that time. Pressings were, for all intents and purposes, played to sh*t.

MIC

Greta Van Fleet obviously is influenced by Led Zeppelin. However, LZ were influenced by blues and had no problem coping a bit or two into their music. I am completely OK with Greta being influenced and like the results. I understand from some interviews, not everyone likes them and writes them off as a rip off . To each their own, I like the LP's and find it "refreshing" to hear led zeppelin influenced music as they do it so well with high energy and chops. Validates my youth and taste in music IMO. .

View attachment 1391913

Welcome back Encyc.

MIC

View attachment 1392828 View attachment 1392829

Evening constant listeners. I've been searching for "clean" copies of Moody Blues pressings since I returned to vinyl back in 2010. I found four yesterday, including this one, which appear on the surface to be the best of theirs I've found to date. This side one sounds nice, with very good dynamics but, side two may be a little rough. We'll hear. I don't know... Considering MB gets "overlooked" by some music fans, it's about as difficult to find very clean pressings of their work as it is to find Beatles or Stones or The Who or Hendrix, or any of the great bands from that time. Pressings were, for all intents and purposes, played to sh*t.

MIC
Any recommendations on the first MB album to purchase as I don't own any .......yet

giphy.gif

What artist is this? I see the song on another sampler but I have no idea who it is.

Was just playing around with a Chrome extension for SoundCloud that lets me queue the songs to my Sonos speakers in the office. Wasn't paying too much attention, but it sounded great! Little $85 ChromeBit works pretty well for music player, may have to upgrade to a Chromebox 3 to run Android apps, though.

Back
Top Bottom