Today's JAZZ playlist

Charles Mingus ~ Better Git It In Your Soul
Columbia 2 LP Compilation, 1971

Originally released as "Mingus Ah Um" and "Mingus Dynasty"

CharlesMingusBetterGitintoyourSoul.jpg

WCBE, Jazz Sunday show.

An "Interesting" show today, OG. I think Jack Marchbanks really dug deep into the archives to find Jazz that themed around MLK. Jack likes to do theme shows, and I don't blame him. He's trying to keep the show fresh. He and KC (I think) have been doing that show for about 10 years now. He mentioned that KC Jones will be out for a while. I believe Jack mentioned that he had surgery.

Anyway, now on to "The Big Band Show" @CJRT Toronto.

An "Interesting" show today, OG. I think Jack Marchbanks really dug deep into the archives to find Jazz that themed around MLK. Jack likes to do theme shows, and I don't blame him. He's trying to keep the show fresh. He and KC (I think) have been doing that show for about 10 years now. He mentioned that KC Jones will be out for a while. I believe Jack mentioned that he had surgery.

Anyway, now on to "The Big Band Show" @CJRT Toronto.
Billy, I'll join you there. Been a while since I've heard it.
Getting feed dropouts today.

Last edited:
Billy, I'll join you there. Been a while since I've heard it.

Glen Woodcock is always great, but it's hard not to be with Big Band. I sent him a Christmas Gift that he should enjoy. I found this rare Big Band CD (sealed). I really like this album, and it's not widely know.

612mb2vs6oL._AC_US327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Ervin Litkei and the Bernard Ebbinghouse Orchestra. Actually a stellar offering. Hopefully Glen will enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom