1K budget for floor standers what would you buy?

eteller

Addicted Member
So I have a nice little vinyl only compact system in a medium size room, components include:

Project Debut Carbon DC with acrylic platter
Ortofon 2m Blue
Project DS+ phono pre
Nordost and AQ cables
Emotiva A100 amp

This is currently powering a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.2's bookshelves. It sounds great BUT a little more more bottom end would be nice as would moving up the food chain speaker wise should net something more revealing. I have a bonus coming up and wanna put around $1K into speakers and a OM2 Bronze (or MC cartridge). The budget is flexible. I like the Wharfedale's and have been looking at the 10.7's but it's the same drivers just more. So maybe a pair of Q Acoustics 3050's or B&W's? Thoughts?

For 2-channel music listening, I'd look at a set of used Martin Logans or similar.

I had a set of Aerius I's and I was blown away when I first heard them. I ended up selling them due to out room layout changing. But some models can be had for your budget, easily.

For 2-channel music listening, I'd look at a set of used Martin Logans or similar.

I had a set of Aerius I's and I was blown away when I first heard them. I ended up selling them due to out room layout changing. But some models can be had for your budget, easily.

This. Though I would be slightly concerned about that amp keeping up; if you do end up with electrostats that will definitely be your next upgrade.

Aerius I, Sequel II/III (make sure panels have been replaced), Ascent (may have to stretch budget slightly), reQuest (again, stretch, or get lucky).

This. Though I would be slightly concerned about that amp keeping up; if you do end up with electrostats that will definitely be your next upgrade.

Aerius I, Sequel II/III (make sure panels have been replaced), Ascent (may have to stretch budget slightly), reQuest (again, stretch, or get lucky).

Elac unifi f5 I believe are the best neutral accurate speaker with a coax mid/tweeter and very good low extension for $1K/pair, sometimes you can find them for $750/pair...

A used set of Totem Arro. This brand has been jacking up prices quite unreasonably, so let the first owner pay the premium.

Those on sale Polks people are talking about in one of the many threads - sure look pretty cool. I'd probably give the KEFs a shot. Paradigms would be nice - but the nice ones I heard were like 2K.

A pair of PSB stratus Goldi speakers would do the trick.Like an idiot,I sold mine.Awesome speakers,but quite large.

^^ Yeah Stratus Silvers would be more manageable. I saw a pair of NHT 3.3 for a grand. No takers! 2.5s are much smaller. Thiel CS 2 2...How bout Snell Type D? Anyone heard the M-L Motion 40?

Back
Top Bottom