The way it used to be...

Well, if that bunch is like most young'uns I've seen today, all they'll do is squawk how "AWESOME !!" it is texting back & forth to each other. No, you idiotic, vocabularily-challenged nitwit, texting a bunch of girls 50 feet away is NOT "Awesome !", but this dirty old duck can show you a BUNCH of stuff to do w/girls that IS....I remember R. Crumb-Remember HIM ?!?-Had a comic series called "Dirty Duck", about a rather peevish & perpetually teed-off duck who went around snarling most of the time. I LOVED him, as I went around perpetually pissed & snarling most of the time...

Naw, but the real reason I bothered to learn how to read-OFFICIALLY, anyhow- was to read the copy of Ralph Stein's "Automobile" opus. He apparently was almost as big of a smartass as me am, & I found his slightly sardonic tone, & dry wit refreshing. Its a Dirty Job being a Chic Derriere, its taken me 62 years to be just barely halfway passable at it. And THAT'S being extremely presumptious, doncha think ?!?
That's the book that changed my car interest life in Jr High!
"The Treasury of the Automobile".
This is getting kinda spooky.

Well, if that bunch is like most young'uns I've seen today, all they'll do is squawk how "AWESOME !!" it is texting back & forth to each other. No, you idiotic, vocabularily-challenged nitwit, texting a bunch of girls 50 feet away is NOT "Awesome !"

Would you believe, use of the word "awesome" is now taken as a marker that you're over the hill?

Yeah, I say it all the time.

Well, if that bunch is like most young'uns I've seen today, all they'll do is squawk how "AWESOME !!" it is texting back & forth to each other. No, you idiotic, vocabularily-challenged nitwit, texting a bunch of girls 50 feet away is NOT "Awesome !", but this dirty old duck can show you a BUNCH of stuff to do w/girls that IS....I remember R. Crumb-Remember HIM ?!?-Had a comic series called "Dirty Duck", about a rather peevish & perpetually teed-off duck who went around snarling most of the time. I LOVED him, as I went around perpetually pissed & snarling most of the time...
Sorry, Sandy. Crumb did a lot of cool stuff, but "Dirty Duck" was Bobby London's creation.

L.C.S.%2BFlyer%2B-%2B%252770%2527s%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Sorry, Sandy. Crumb did a lot of cool stuff, but "Dirty Duck" was Bobby London's creation.
I loved all those old comix....R.Crumb, The Furry Freak Brothers, Dopin` Dan, Zippy The Pinhead, Zap, and all the others. During our last house move, I accidentally left a whole box of them, along with a bunch of Rolling Stone issues (when it was still in newspaper format) and the first 10 or so issues of High Times, up in a corner of the attic....still kicking myself....

Well, 'Scuse me, bollixin' up the creator of "Dirty Duck".... It HAS been damn near 50 years since I availed myself of those underground treasures. I also loved "Fritz the Cat", if for no other reason that "Fritz" was also my paternal papaw's name. Another one I liked that would be HOPELESSLY un-PC nowadays-but wa "Pants-Peeingly Funny"-To MY warped 15 yr old mind was "Angelfood McSpade". She was obviously a take-off on the Aunt Jemima character... Think of Auntie, if you will, having GINORMOUS Bazooms, & running around basically Nekkid-or nearly so-most of the time. I dunno WHO drew her, but he obviously was a student of female anatomy, to the everlasting joy of adolescent, horny arsed boys ever since...

Y'know, though, DESPITE-or maybe BECAUSE of it all. I don't think I would wanna trade growing up in the Seventies for any other decade/era before or since...

Back
Top Bottom